Rumble has not been a great champion throughout the last few seasons, which is why the big (or small?) guy is going to be getting a little overhaul from Riot in League of Legends Patch 13.12.
Rumble has been primarily played in the top lane for what feels like centuries, but his kit somehow fits better into the mid lane. The balance team wants to change this and give top laners back the Rumble they love, but will these changes be able to do just that?
LoL Patch 13.12: Jungle Rumble and Top Lane Rumble Rejoice
In a video by Phreak, the League of Legends dev went over what the team was planning with Rumble in the coming patch. They want to give him more power in the top lane, as well as the jungle, and make the champion popular once more.
- Pick up a K/DA mousepad so you can show off your favorite K-pop group.
Well, the changes they've got planned could really make him popular and a highly panned champ as well... So let's check out all the changes they've got planned.
Rumble Changes in LoL Patch 13.12
All of his abilities have been adjusted on the PBE, so let's go over this huge change list right now.
- Base health: 659 >>> 625
- Health growth: 99 >>> 105
- Maximum heat: 100 >>> 150 (Overheat now at 150)
- Overheat duration: 5.25 seconds >>> 4
Passive – Junkyard Titan
- Bonus attack speed: 20% - 80% linear >>> 50% - 130% lvl growth
- Monster damage cap: 80 flat >>>65 - 150
Q – Flamespitter
- Base damage: 180 - 340 >>> 135 - 195
- Deals 6% - 10% max HP, capped at 65 - 300 against monsters
- Minion damage: 60% - 80% >>> 55% - 75%
W – Scrap Shield
- Reduced from 60 - 180 + 45% AP >>> 25 - 145 + 25% AP
- Shield now scales with 4% max HP
Want to make your keyboard unique? Then pick up some custom League of Legends key caps!
E – Electro Harpoon
- Heat: 10 >>> 20
R – Equalizer
- Cooldown: 100 - 70 >>> 130 - 80
With these changes Rumble is going to be able to play in the jungle and the top lane with a lot more confidence. It won't just be a troll pick. He's going to be doing a lot more damage to monsters thanks to some of the adjustments, and his W will also scale with %max HP which will make him tankier.
Add in the fact that he's able to take in more heat just means he can go for extended fights and skirmishes whenever he wants or needs, which could be great in the top lane as well.
This just means that Rumble could be a pretty good AP bruiser in the top lane for everyone to enjoy.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.