It isn't just solo queue players that are sick and tired of K'Sante. Finally, after the Worlds 2023 patch has released, Riot will finally make some key changes to the top laner in LoL Patch 13.20.
K'Sante has been a thorn in most players side for a while... while the champion did become a meme thanks to DPlus KIA's mid laner Heo "ShowMaker" Su, he is as annoying as the player made him out to be.
K'Sante👤4,700 HP💪329 Armor🤷♂️201 MR💦 Unstoppable🚫A Shield 🛡 Goes over walls🧱Has Airborne🌪Cooldown is only☝second too🕐 It costs 15 Mana🧙♂️
Now, in LoL Patch 13.20, Riot will finally tackle the top laner to try and tone down his agency, but we're sure to see him quite a few times during the 2023 World Championship. But, what is Riot trying to change on his kit, and will it have the effect most wish to see?
LoL Patch 13.20: Riot To Tackle K'Sante Supremacy
K'Sante has been one of the most influential picks throughout the 2023 League of Legends season. While he does waver in lower elos, he's become one of the top picks in pro play, always rearing his head, no matter what the meta was thanks to his versatility.
While Riot did stray from making any meaningful changes before the World Championship, K'Sante will be seeing some key adjustments in LoL Patch 13.20. Finally all the pro-skewed changes have made their way to live servers, so it's time to balance for solo queue once more.
K'Sante currently holds a 47% win rate according to u.gg making him one of the worst top laners, but it seems that Riot can't balance teh champion properly in his state, with him either being OP or complete crap. So, what exactly does Riot have planned?
All K'Sante Changes In Patch 13.20
- Base HP: 610 >>> 570
- HP Growth per Level: 108 >>> 115
- Armor Growth per Level: 4.7 >>> 5.2
Pick up this beautiful League of Legends mug so you can enjoy winter with some hot cocoa while playing ARAMs with your friends!
Passive - Dauntless Instinct
- Mark no longer scales with Armor and MR during Ultimate
Q - Ntofo Strikes
- Base Damage: 50/75/100/125/150 >>> 30/60/90/120/150
- Now slows during Ultimate
- Cooldown Reduction during Ult: 1 second >>> 25% [Note: This is essentially a late-game nerf, as the cooldown refund is nearly 55% lower at 250 bonus resistances]
W - Path Maker
- Mana Cost: 75/80/85/90/85 >>> 60/65/70/75/80
- Cooldown: 24/22/20/18/16 seconds (unchanged)
- During Ult, now reduced to 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds
- Physical Damage: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% - 7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% (based on charge duration) of the target's max HP >>> 20/40/60/80/100 (+50% AD)(+30% Bonus resistances)(+6/7/8/9/10% of K'Sante's max HP)
- During Ult, no longer increased
- Damage Reduction: 25% (+1% per 100 bonus HP)(+10% per 100 bonus armor) (+10% per 100 bonus MR) >>> 40 - 65% (based on level)
- During Ult, increased to 50 - 75% (based on level)
- Stun Duration: 0.3 - 0.85 seconds (based on charge duration) >>> 1.25 seconds
Minimum Charge Time now at 0.65 seconds
- During Ult, reduced to 0.5 seconds
R - All Out
- Terrain Damage: 150/250/350 (+20% AD) >>> 70/110/150 (+100% AP)
- Bonus AD: 5 (+32.5% bonus resistances) >>> 15/30/45 (+25% bonus resistances)
- Omnivamp: 10% (+0.75% per 100 bonus HP) >>> 10/15/20%
- Max HP reduction during R: 45% >>> 35%
- Knockback Distance: 350 >>> 300
- Now grants 25/35/45% bonus Attack Speed
These are going to be some huge changes to the champion that will weaken his late game and should make him easier to kill while he retains his identity as a champion able to switch between a tank and an assassin. Will these changes truly be able to apease the LoL community though?
The changes should go live with LoL Patch 13.20, which is set to release on October 11, 2023, just after the official start of the 2023 League of Legends World Championship.