Neeko's Mid-Scope is here!
LoL Patch 13.9 Will Release Neeko Mid-Scope Update
Neeko's Mid-Scope Update has been a long time coming and now it's finally on the PBE, ready to hit live servers in just two-weeks time. So, what has Riot done to spruce up this forgotten champion and will she become a decent pick in the mid lane finally?
Riot usually tries to make low play rate champions a bit better with their Mid-Scope Updates. These small champion reworks are quicker and more efficient than VGU or ASU's, but this Neeko Mid-Scope has been a long time in the making, so what has Riot cooked up for everyone?
Neeko Mid-Scope Update: Release Set For LoL Patch 13.9
The Mid-Scope Update will be released in LoL Patch 13.9. This patch is going to come right at the start of the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational and will also encompass a whole new event. It seems though that fans are more excited for Neeko than the MSI event, and with good reason.
Her updated passive greatly improves on her fantasy and will make playing League of Legends, especially against Neeko, one of the scariest experiences out there. She can turn into (almost) anything on the rift, but what exactly can she turn into? Let's check out her abilities.
Neeko Mid-Scope: Updated Abilities
Q – Blooming Burst
- Secondary/Teriarty Pop Damage: 40/65/95/115/140 + 20%AP >>> 35/65/85/110/135 + 25%AP
- [NEW] Explosions deal: 30/40/50/60/70 bonus damage to monsters
W – Shapesplitter
- After casting Neeko can reactivate to send the clone to a new location
- Clone now plays animations and sounds of Q/E/Dance/Joke/Taunt/Recall/Laugh and survives for their duration
- [NEW] Empowered Attacks deal 50 bonus damage to monsters
E – Tangle Barbs
- Damage: 80/115/150/185/220 +60%AP >>> 70/105/140/175/210 + 65%AP
Unfortunately, Neeko doesn't have her own Star Guardian figurine yet, but Riot does have one for her former teammate Zoe!
R – Pop Blossom
- After channel Neeko jumps into the air, suspending all nearby enemies
- After 0.6s Neeko crashes to the ground with all suspended enemies and deals damage to all nearby enemies, the stun longers for 1.25s total
- No longer Shields
- Damage: 20074257650 (+130%AP) >>> 150/350/550 (100%AP)
- Cooldown: 90s >>> 120/105/90s
With these abilities Neeko is going to be a bit more versatile and quite a menace to play against. Even Lead Designer of the League Balance Team Matt "Phroxzon" Leung-Harrison can admit that the new passive is one of his worst nightmares and soon players will feel the same way.
Riot also added some bonus damage to monsters with which Neeko can be played as a jungler as well. This gives her more versatility in draft as well and should open up the doors to more players to pick up Neeko, giving her a higher play rate across multiple roles.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.