LoL Patch 12.11 is here and that only can mean one thing: Bel'Veth has arrived. League of Legends finally has a brand new void monster champion for us to take a look at, along with a fairly hefty balance patch. Let's hop into it!
Removed Changes from Patch 12.11
Riot were planning on making some adjustments to Lethality Items as well as Lethal Tempo. These proposed changes did not make it into the final version of Patch 12.11, here's why:
Changes to Lethality items (except Umbral), Rocketbelt, Lethal Tempo have been removed from 12.11.— Matt Leung-Harrison (@RiotPhroxzon) June 7, 2022
We're going to take some time to evaluate magnitude and direction of these changes post 12.11. Some notes on why we wanted to change assassin items and some other musings: (1/5)
As RiotPhroxzon says, they just need a little more time to look at the data and ensure that these changes are optimal for the meta. The last thing we want is OP assassins running around one-shotting everyone, right?
System Adjustments in Patch 12.11
The game has changed a lot since Patch 12.10. Riot wasn't exactly satisfied with how the last patch landed, so certain classes need to be adjusted. Riot are specifically targeting Mage Items, Tank Items, Fighter Items, Grevious Wounds, and Turrets.
Overall, the game is still going to feel fairly similar to last patch. These changes are mostly going to address issues with classes being over or undertuned.
Buffed Items in Patch 12.11
As we mentioned previously, Riot are targeting a lot of items for buffs and nerfs. Let's take a look at all of the items that these systemic changes will affect.
Tank Items Buffed
Riot decided to give a helping hand to tanks, since they've been struggling a bit since the Durability Update. As such, cost was slightly reduced for many of these items with others gaining additional armor.
- Bami's Cinder: - 100 Cost
- Frostfire Gauntlet: +100 Health
- Sunfire Aegis: + 100 Health
- Turbo Chemtank: +100 Health
- Abyssal Mask: +5 MR
- Knights Vow: +10 Ability Haste
- Randuin's Omen: +10 Armor
- Spirit Visage: +10 MR
- Zeke's Convergence: +10 Armor
Mage Items Adjusted
Unfortunate for you mage players, not all items are created equally. A couple of much needed changes are headed for Mage Items this patch.
- Crown of the Shattered Queen: +10 AP
- Everfrost: Root/Slow Duration - 1.5 to 1 second
- Liandry's Anguish: -10 AP
- Night Harverster: +10 Ability Haste, -10 CD
- Riftmaker: -10 AP
Fighter Items Adjusted
Riot finally brought some much needed nerfs to the Deaths Dance/Maw of Malmortius combo that many champions have been abusing. Both of these items have been downright OP for far too long. Surprisingly, they gave Goredrinker and Sterak's Gage some big buffs. This should encourage item diversity for bruisers in Patch 12.11.
- Death's Dance: -20% Bonus AD Defy Ratio
- Blade of the Ruined King: +1% Lifesteal
- Maw of Malmortius: +15s CD
- Sterak's Gage: +5% Bonus AD, +5% lifeline shield
- Goredrinker: +2 Ability Haste per Legendary Item
Misc Item Nerfs
Riot made sure to target some problematic items from Patch 12.10 with some significant nerfs. This should help to prevent champions from abusing them so much.
- Kraken Slayer: Damage 60 (+45% bonus AD) to 50 (+40% bonus AD)
- Umbral Glaive: Cooldown - 35 to 40 seconds.
Tower Damage Nerfs
Some of you guys may have noticed towers hurting a lot last patch, Riot is making sure to tune that damage down a little bit for Patch 12.11.
- Outer Turrets: Damage 167-391 to 162-344 (minutes 0:00-13:30) (Note: Towers deal up to 120% increased damage to champions)
Hopefully this will help you guys to avoid inting on your next tower dive!
Champion Buffs and Nerfs in Patch 12.11
Fizz has been in an interesting spot for a few patches. He just can't seem to succeed in the new durability update, as such Riot have decided to give him some stat adjustments.
- Health Growth 112 to 106
- Health at Level 18 2544 to 2442
- Mana Growth 37 to 52
- Mana at Level 18 946 to 1201
Hopefully these changes help Fizz to find his footing in Patch 12.11!
Are you tired of not being able to one-shot your enemies with AP Gragas? Riot decided to buff exactly that playstyle, so you're in luck!
Q - Barrel Roll
- Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+70% AP) to 80/120/160/200/240 (+80% AP)
- Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 to 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
E - Body Slam
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 to 14/13.5/13/12.5/12 seconds
Everyone's favorite champion has been struggling a little bit recently, so Riot decided they needed to remedy her suffering winrate with some buffs that you're sure to love playing against.
Q - Bladesurge
- Healing: 7/8/9/10/11% AD to 9/10/11/12/13% AD
E - Flawless Duet
- Cooldown 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Skins in LoL Patch 12.11
Now for everyone's favorite part: What skins were released in LoL patch 12.11?
Usually, LoL players would expected Pool Party skins to be dropping around this time of the summer, but Riot have unveiled an all new skin-line: Ocean Song!
- Ocean Song Yone
- Ocean Song Nidalee
- Ocean Song Ashe
- Ocean Song Zeri
- Ocean Song Seraphine
- Ocean Song Seraphine Prestige Edition
- Battle Boss Bel'Veth
That's all that we have for you this time! Make sure to check back in later for more information on the upcoming ADC, Nilah!