Ah yes, Patch 4.10 is rolling out and there are some nerfs to OP cards. Decks like Heimerdinger / Jayce, Pyke / Rek'sai and Samira will get nerfed. Also, there are a ton of buffs to the rather unplayed cards. Stay tuned!
While the popular OP decks got a hit, some other cards are getting buffed. Be prepared to see a lot more of Jack and Ahri. Frejlord got some Counterplay to Elusive Units now. Also Sion could make a possible return?
But let's start with the nerfs.
BALEN THE BENEVOLENT
- Buffs all Formidables >>> Buffs all other Formidables, excluding self
EPIC SCRAPTRAPTION (RUNAWAY SCRAP TRAP)
- Has Brash >>> Doesn't have Brash
- 3|2 & Grant tech +1|+1 >>> 3|3 & Grant tech +1|+0
- Each round, the first time you summon another follower.... >>> Each round, the first time you PLAY another follower....
- Manifest a non-champion card from the enemy hand. >>> Pick 1 of 2 non-champion cards from the enemy hand and create a copy in your hand.
- 1c >>> 2c
- No cost reduction >>> If you have a Flair already, instead reduce its cost by 1 on Summon and Strike. (Level 2 Samira: by 2)
- 4c >>> 5c (also for level 2)
DEATH FROM BELOW
- 4c >>> 5c
- 3|2 >>> 2|2
WARDEN OF THE TRIBES
- 8c >>> 9c
- 1c >>> 2c
- 0|5 >>> 0|4
- 2|1 >>> 1|2
VALLEY OF IMITATION
- 3c >>> 4c
- 2|2 >>> 1|2
There are a lot of understandable nerfs. The BEGUILING COBRA + VALLEY OF IMITATION Combo was a quick was to just fast win the game pretty reliably.
Jayce / Heimerdinger was on the top for ages. So nerfing the EPIC SCRAPTRAPTION (RUNAWAY SCRAP TRAP) will take a lot of tempo out of the deck. Nobody wants to have a 6/6 brash unit as opponent while you only have your 2/2s.
Also Janna, Samira and Pyke have all been very good in 4.9., so nerfing them might bring some fresh air to the meta.
Talking about fresh air, here are the new buffs for you.
- When I'm summoned, grant the top 2 allies in your deck +1|+1. >>> When I'm summoned, grant the top 2 allies in your deck +1|+1. &I can block units with Elusive.
Not gonna lie, this one is huge af. A 1-cost unit, which can just block all of the Teemos and Fizz in the world. And even just kill them. Pretty insane buff for all Frejlord decks in my opinion.
CHILDREN OF THE FOREST
- Slow >>> Fast
- 8c >>> 2c
- Summon Ephemeral copies of the 3 strongest followers you've Recalled this game. >>> Recall an ally, or spend 8 mana to summon Ephemeral copies of the 3 strongest followers you've Recalled this game.
I haven't seen this card like ever. Changing it from slow to fast is pretty big though, also it's useful now before collecting 8 spell mana.
LORD ELDRED, MAGESEEKER LEADER
- NEW: When an ally survives damage, grant it +1|+1.
Eldred is good at delaying damage, but as an 8 cost, he should have huge impact on the game. Riot buffed his offensive play.
THE KING'S COURT
- NEW: When I'm summoned, draw a Jack.
Jack isn't too strong in the meta right now, so this buff will surely help in bringing him out more consistently.
- Overwhelm >>> Brash
- 6|6 >>> 7|6
- Brash >>> Overwhelm
They swapped Overwhelm and Brash on Mako and Bull. This is actually a much smarter move for making them useful, because Brash is better at the early stages of the game, while Overwhelm should be on the unit with more power. This is also a buff to Jack decks, so stay tuned.
WRATH OF THE FRELJORD
- NEW: Play: Frostbite an enemy.
I love this guy. Especially in my for fun Jayce / Tryndamere deck. I know it sounds kinda troll, but double Warmother's Call is no joke.
But yeah, back to the buff. It's also pretty big, as you can just disable a whole unit of your choice from blocking. Should be expected for an 8 cost unit though.
- When allies attack, Spend 1 spell mana to summon an attacking Short Tooth. >>> No longer costs spell mana
You can get a Short Tooth in Round 7 now without problems. Good buff.
MAD OL' BABS
- 1|3 >>> 0|3 [Attune]
With Attune, you can now instantly activate your coins. Pretty good buff imo. Will also make Jack stronger. We are in for a ride.
WINGS OF THE CRYOPHOENIX
- NEW: Enlightened: Heal your Nexus 3 and Deal 3 to all enemy units instead.
When Enlightened, you should be rewarded. So this card will only deal damage to the enemy units. How good is Karma with Freljord though?
- NEW: Grants Fearsome
As the unit who got revived by this card just got blocked, now it has a better chance of bringing on damage to the nexus instead of just dying while being useless.
THE ZAUN DIVA
- 7|5 >>> 8|5
The diva is now a Titanic unit.
- 2|3 >>> 3|3
- You've Recalled 6+ units this game. >>> You've Recalled 5+ units this game.
Ahri hasn't been good for quite some time. This buff will make her reach her extremely good level 2 faster.
TEEMO (LEVEL 2)
- NEW: plants 5 Puffcaps minimum
This buff doesn't matter at all, it's only for Path of Champions.
ATAKHAN, BRINGER OF RUIN
- NEW: Play: revive the strongest dead ally.
I heard this will be good with Zombie Sion. Also Janna / Sion is an interesting deck right now btw. Updrafts count towards Sions Level-Up.
CONSULT THE HEAVENS
- Focus >>> Slow
- Fully heal an ally, then grow its Power to equal its Health >>>
Fully heal all allies, then grow their Power to equal their Health.
This will be a good finisher for Soraka now.
- 7|4 >>> 8|5
He's also a Titanic unit now.
- 7|7 >>> 7|8
Just bringing in some more bulkiness.
- 3|2 >>> 4|2
Again a buff for Ahri.
- 10c >>> 9c
Aaaand another buff for Ahri. We are in for a treat, aren't we?
- 3c >>> 2c
This can be really cool for printing the one Shadow Toad. You know what I mean, right?
What a world we live in. The Brash Gambler is Brash. Also, another buff to Mister Jack.
- Focus >>> Burst
Exhaust actually is really good now. Shurima fans are happy.
- 3|2 >>> 2|3
Swapping from offensive to defense is always good for Forge units. Now you have more windows to Forge yourself up.
THE CLOCK HAND
- 7|7 >>> 8|8
And this is also Titanic now.
- 5|3 >>> 6|4
This unit is now a little tankier to make use of his passive more often.
- 3|4 >>> 3|5
Nautilus / Maokai decks haven't been good in the meta this patch. This is a slight buff for them.
- 4c >>> 3c
Kayn isn't too weak in the meta right now, but this buff will get him going earlier.
- 2|2 >>> 2|3
This buff will help the Yordle Explorer to buff more Yordles. Instead of just getting one shot by the likes of Mystic Shot and Avalanche.
- NEW: Is Yordle
With Yordle Explorer getting buffed, this is also a slight buff to the Portal Pioneer. Also it's never bad to have an origin.
- Slow >>> Focus
They are buffing Ekko slightly. Not too much, but it won't need an extra round to call your shot.
That's all for the Patch Notes today. Enjoy the new patch. As usual, we can expect it to go on for 4 weeks again.