The meta shifts with every patch. In our Best Top Laner Tier List, we try to predict which champions will dominate and will get you to climb the ladder of League of Legends. Sometimes we're a bit off in our predictions though, which is why we have our Mid-Patch Tier lists.
With the teleport nerf recently, Top Lane has seen a big shift in power and is seeing some pretty new faces in the S-Tier. However, everything is going to change in LoL Patch 12.03 with big changes to almost every bruiser item. Top Lane will never be the same, so make sure to check out LoL Patch 12.03 Preview for some more details on these changes!
Who Are Our S-Tier Top Laners in LoL Patch 12.02?
These top laners are the ones you should try to get your hands on. In the current meta there are quite a few choices for you, so whether you enjoy to teamfight, split push or tank damage. Anything and everything is there for you! However, not all champions are created equally.
S-Tier Top Laners in LoL Patch 12.02
- Cassiopeia - Win Rate: 52.74%, Pick Rate: 6.7%
- Singed - Win Rate: 52.0%, Pick Rate: 4.8%
- Akshan - Win Rate: 51.4%, Pick Rate: 6.8%
New to the spotlight, Cassiopeia is sitting atop her throne in the toplane. Normally played midlane, Cassiopeia has found the shorter range opponents in toplane more favorable, and thus has made her way there. Providing a late game carry, and a strong lane presence Cassiopeia is a solid choice for carrying any game. Just make sure to buy tear!
Who Are Our A-Tier Top Laners in LoL Patch 12.02?
The A tier brings together the best champions you should pick if you aren't a fan of the S-Tier or they're banned out. These champions will also get you that W, but it won't be quite as easy as with the S-Tier champions.
A-Tier Top Laner's in LoL Patch 12.01
- Kled - Win Rate: 50.3%, Pick Rate: 4.5%
- Quinn - Win Rate: 50.6%, Pick Rate: 2.5%
- Urgot- Win Rate: 51.3%, Pick Rate: 8.6%
- Riven - Win Rate: 51.0%, Pick Rate: 9.1%
While a lot of champions are viable toplane, the ones that tend to dominate are champions that are strong in lane that can also impact the map. Such as Quinn or Kled. Since the TP nerfs, toplane has become even more isolated, so champions that are able to roam are a lot stronger this patch.
- To master any of these champions, make sure to swing by our Champion Guides section!
Who Are our D-Tier Top Laners in LoL Patch 12.01?
Unless you're a pro player, these champions should be going unpicked in solo queue. If you're the Jungler and you see one of these guys in the top lane, it might be better to dodge and go next. This list includes champions with some awful winrates.
D-Tier Top Laners in LoL Patch 12.01
- Yorick - Win Rate: 49.1%, Pick Rate: 1.9%
- Irelia - Win Rate: 49.3%, Pick Rate: 6.2%
- Mordekaiser - Win Rate: 48.9%, Pick Rate: 4.1%
- Aatrox - Win Rate: 48.2%, Pick Rate: 5.4%
- Akali - Win Rate: 49.4%, Pick Rate: 7.2%
- Gwen - Win Rate: 47.5%, Pick Rate: 2.3%
- Yone - Win Rate: 46.4%, Pick Rate: 2.3%
- Renekton - Win Rate: 47.8%, Pick Rate: 2.0%
On release, Gwen was incredibly strong. However after some big nerfs to her kit, items, and runes Gwen is in a really tough spot. She's meant to be a tank killer, but tanks aren't very meta, so Gwen finds herself trying to % max hp shred squishy targets who she can never catch. Buffs are pretty unlikely as Gwen can be pretty unhealthy when strong, but hopefully we get some changes to how she works so she can impact more games more often.
You want more exclusive lol content? Compact, to the point and with the high quality you deserve? Then check us out at RiftFeed!