The upcoming League of Legends Patch 13.16 will not just bring the typical buffs and nerfs for champions and items.
According to a Riot employee, the patch will also introduce some changes to the surrender vote system. A certain type of player won't be happy about it. Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming changes,
Riot Introduces New Surrender-Vote-System Changes In LoL Patch 13.16
The League of Legends surrender vote system has been in the game for ages and rarely gets touched at all by the game's developers. From time to time, there might have been changes regarding the time, when you're allowed to surrender or how many players are needed to successfully surrender, but the system itself has been the same for ages.
- Learn more about the LoL universe with Ruination: A League of Legends Novel
Well, the upcoming patch 13.16 will now introduce some new features to the surrender vote system. Some of them will surely be liked by the majority of LoL players, but ca certain type of gamer won't be happy about them.
So, according to the Riot Games employee, Chris "RiotAuberaun" Roberts, the company is planing to introduce these changes on the PBE first, and implement them later with Patch 13.16. The intention behind these changes is "to make surrendering more of a team action, rather than 1 person spamming FF every 3 minutes". Also, he announced, that the dev team will work on more of this system-type adjustments.
Let's take a look at the so far announced changes:
- The name of the player that started the surrender vote is no longer revealed
- After starting a surrender vote, the player that started the surrender vote will not be able to begin another vote for 6 minutes. Note, the team cooldown on calling for a surrender vote remains unchanged at 3 minutes and takes priority over individual cooldowns.
- The surrender vote will automatically resolve when a vote can no longer pass and will no longer remain open waiting for players to vote.
- The surrender box text has been updated to reflect the type of surrender vote being called: Surrender, AFK Surrender, or Remake.
Well, these changes might not look like the biggest ones, but it will surely help to create a more chill environment for many players, since spamming surrender votes can be demoralizing for the team. Until the changes, a certain type of players abused the surrender vote system to annoy their teams and try to force them to surrender.
There is no better way to signal your team, that you have given up and don't care about the match anymore, than spamming a surrender vote. This also happens a lot in games, where everybody is in a good position, beside the one toxic player, who of course starts to surrender at every possible moment and so drags his team down.
So, it will be interesting to see how impactful these changes are going to be, and if the toxicity in the game will be going down, once they are implemented. But I doubt, that this is going to happen, since the most bad vibes are distributed through the chat and the pings. But of course it's a nice change in general.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.