Tired of LoL? We show you how to easily uninstall League of Legends from your device!
Maybe Yuumi's champion design finally got the best of you, or you just want to reinstall League of Legends to ensure that the problems you are encountering in your game aren't caused by corrupted or outdated files. No matter what your reasoning might be, we are here to help you along the way to uninstall League of Legends for both Windows and Mac.
Reasons to Uninstall League of Legends
There can be various reasons why you would want to uninstall League of Legends from your computer, and we get it. The game can be extremely annoying at times. Sometimes, you have teammates running it down mid and flaming everyone but themselves. Other times, it is broken champions that are the last drop before finally taking the step to uninstall the game.
The Most Annoying Champions in League of Legends
The Most Annoying Champions in League of LegendsView Gallery
But being sick and tired of League of Legends is not the only reason to uninstall the game. Sometimes, you can encounter bugs that make it impossible to play or ruins the player experience, and if that is the case, reinstalling the game can help you solve the issue. When you reinstall League of Legends, you will have a fully updated version of LoL, and all the corrupted and out-of-date files that could be the cause of your problems will be replaced.
- Time for a new keyboard?
How to Uninstall League of Legends on Windows
Uninstalling League of Legends on Windows is fairly simple and does not take a lot of time.
Four Steps Showing You How to Uninstall League of Legends on Windows:
- Open Control Panel from the Windows Start Menu - If you can not find it, search for "Control Panel" in your Windows Search Bar.
- Select "Program and Features" - After finding the Control Panel, look for the icon with the name "Program and Features.
- Right-click on "League of Legends."
- Select "Uninstall."
And with that, League of Legends should be uninstalled from your computer. Even though the uninstallation process should be done after finishing step 4, it may be the case that some League of Legends files were not caught in the uninstallation process and are still left on your hard drive. Here is how to ensure this is not the case and how to remove them if it happened to you.
- Find the directory where you had League of Legends installed (LoL is installed by default on the C: drive, so it should be there if you haven't changed it yourself).
- Select and delete any files belonging to League of Legends.
- Restart your computer.
And with the final step done, League of Legends should be fully removed from your computer. If you were just uninstalling League of Legends for a reinstallment of the game, you can install League of Legends from the official League of Legends Website.
How to Uninstall League of Legends on Mac
Uninstalling League of Legends on your Mac is very easy, but it can be somewhat challenging if you don't know what to look for.
Four Steps Showing You How to Uninstall League of Legends on Mac:
- Open the Applications folder - You can open the application folder by pressing Command+Shift+G and typing in "/Applications/" without quotation marks.
- Drag the League of Legends application to the Trash Can located on your dock.
- Press Command+Shift+C and go to MacintoshHD/Users/Shared/Riot Games.
- Once you have found the Riot Games Folder, drag it into the Trash Folder.
- Click on your Trash Can and select "Empty Trash" at the top right corner.
After the final step, League of Legends should be fully uninstalled from your Mac. You can also install League of Legends for Mac from the official League of Legends Website.
As you can see, uninstalling League of Legends is not the hardest thing in the world, and now you no longer have to worry about annoying 0/10 Yasuos or having Yuumi support ever again.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.