Currently, there are more than 160 champions in League of Legends, each with unique abilities, skills, and play styles. Among the most friendly and wholesome characters is Braum, the pumped giant hailing from Freljord, and is mostly played in the support position.
This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about the champion, his abilities, and play style. A well-played Braum can be a real menace on the bot lane and carry the whole game.
- LoL Patch 13.15 Kai'Sa Nerfs Have Players Concerned
- LoL Patch 13.14: Everything You Need To Know About The Current Patch
League of Legends-Champion Braum: Abilities
To be successful with Braum, understanding his abilities and how to use them is crucial. Here are Braum's basic abilities:
- Passive: Concussive Blows - Braum's auto attacks and his Q-Ability mark enemies with stacks. You can increase these stacks with further auto attacks up to 4 times. When fully stacked, it stuns your opponent for a short duration of time.
- Q: Winter's Bite - Braum throws a block of ice in a straight line. Hitting a target will deal damage and slow it. You can also stack your passive with a Q hit.
- W: Stand Behind Me - Braum jumps over a short distance to your chosen ally, which can be one of your minions or allied champions. The jump will also increase your ally's Armor and Magic Resist.
- E: Unbreakable - Braum builds up his shield and blocks all incoming projectile damage. The first projectile gets completely negated.
- R: Glacial Fissure - Braum rams his shield into the ground, creating a massive explosion in a crack-like form in a straight line. It will throw an opponent into the air for a short duration of time if hit.
Learn more about the LoL universe with Ruination: A League of Legends Novel
Recommended Items and Runes for Braum
In League of Legends, Braum is a Tank, so you should build him accordingly. Look out for tank support items that will be handy for your future tasks in the game. Especially items that increase your stats and can help your allies are essential.
Your first goal should be to gather enough gold to get items like Knight's Vow or Locket of the Iron Solari. So, the starting item has to be Relic Shield, as it's the only way for supports to generate enough money. It also increases your tankiness and allows you to share minions.
Pro-tip: Try to kill a minion with your Relic Shield to gain a free angle and use your Q. This way, you can sometimes create nice openings or engages.
Other recommended items for Braum are:
- Zeke's Convergence - Gives your allies additional Damage and offers additional ability damage for yourself.
- Locket of the Iron Solari - Offers a shield for allies around you and increases your defense resistances.
- Redemption - Offers a healing area in a circular form for your allies, damages opponents, and can be used over a fairly long distance as well.
As for runes, go for the Resolve Tree. This tree will further increase your defensive stats and help you during fights. Out of the Resolve Tree, we would recommend:
- Guardian - Gives you and an ally a shield if you're close enough to each other and get damaged.
- Font of Life - Your Crowd-Control abilities will mark the hit opponent, and attacks by your allies onto the opponent will heal them.
- Unflinching - Increases your tenacity and your resistance to slowing if you get hit by crowd-control abilities.
These are just general recommendations. Always choose your runes and items according to the specific game, taking into consideration your team's combo and the enemy's lineup.
Braum - Play Style
Braum is a champion that wants to control the lane and the tempo on it. Aim for a play style where you try to cover your allies and engage at the same time. Your big advantage in nearly every bot lane matchup will be your massive amounts of crowd control.
Especially against enchantment supports, you can quickly take the leading position. Play aggressively but avoid going too far.
Your basic attacks are your strength, as they mark enemies and slow them. Try to combine your basic attacks with your Q-Winter's Bite ability to stun your enemies.
Winter's Bite, your Q-Ability, is your best tool to mark enemies and
slow them down. Use it for engages or disengages; a single slow can be a deciding factor in getting a kill or not.
Stand Behind Me, your W-Ability, lets you jump to an allied champion or minion. It will give them additional Magic Resistance and Armor. With this ability, you can look for special angles to engage or protect your ADC from incoming projectiles with your E after the jump.
Unbreakable, your E-Ability, is a life-saving tool that blocks all incoming projectiles and reduces their damage. Use your shield to protect your allies and yourself. It's a nice tool during teamfights as well.
Glacial Fissure, your ultimate ability, is a powerful tool to control fights. Engages are pretty easy with your ult, as it stuns and slows enemies over a huge distance. It can be used for disengages as well.
Tips and Tricks for Braum
And last but not least, here are some general tips for your next Braum matches:
- Your W-Ability, Stand Behind Me, can help and protect your allies in dangerous situations or to cover your engages. It can be used to jump to minions as well, so you can lower the distance to your enemies for an engage or a disengage. Mobility is always useful.
- Your shield will be a major tool throughout the game; combine it with your jump to protect allies efficiently or to cover your engages.
- Use the slow of your Q-Ability, Winter's Bite, to slow enemies. It's very useful in catch and team fight combos. And since everybody can stack your marks, it will be pretty easy to secure kills.
- Use your ultimate ability, Glacial Fissure, to catch enemies or break up their engages. It's a nice tool for teamfights and can be used to further control enemy movement and positioning. Once in front, the lane is yours to take.
So, there you have it - a quick beginner's guide for Braum. He's an absolute unit on the bot lane and might be one of the most underrated supports in the game. He is useful in most in-game scenarios and can dictate the pace of an entire game once he's in front. Try to combine Braum with an ADC with a higher attack speed to easily stack up Braum's passive.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.