There's a new TFT patch around the corner and Mortdog blessed us with the new changes.
Aaaand we're back it again. Mortdog just announced the patch notes, and we got you covered.
TFT Patch Notes 13.20: Trait Changes
- 5 Piece Damage: 150 + 55% → 170 + 60%
- 9 Piece Damage: 800 + 135% → 999 + 135%
- (2): Cast 1 additional time at 55% reduced effectiveness
- (3): Cast 1 additional time at 30% reduced effectiveness
- (4): Cast 1 additional time at 20% reduced effectiveness and Multicaster attacks grant 5 bonus mana
- Emblem Attack Speed Bonus: 33% → 25%
- Bleed Damage: 60% → 55%
- Ascension Bonus: 0/20/50/90% → 0/30/60/111%
- Bonus Crit Rate: 15/35/75% → 15/35/55%
- Adaptive Implant Bonus AD/AP/Omnivamp: 30% → 35%
- Shimmer Injector Overcharge Heal: 80% → 100%
- Virulent Bioware Overcharge DoT: 3.5% → 4%
- Unstable Chemtank HP Bonus: 30% → 40%
- Robotic Arm Overcharge Bugfix: Post Mitigation → Pre Mitigation
Rogue and Vanquisher Comps with Ionia Ashe have been too strong for this patch, so they have to be toned down.
Zaun isn't too attractive right now, it has the same problem as in the first part of the set: You just can't really play 4 Zaun. Maybe those buffs will be enough to make it viable.
For the Shurima buff, I can potentially see a Cassio, Renekton, Naafiri, Taliyah Comp becoming better.
Patch 13.20 Champion Buffs
- 0.7 → 0.75 AS
- 40 → 35 AD
- 30/80 → 20/70 Mana
- Bugfix: Jhin's Damage drop off is no longer higher than intended.
- Number on tooltip matches now.
- Less likely to miss against moving targets
- 20/80 → 20/70 Mana
- 180/270/410 → 200/300/450 Ability Damage
- 110/160/240 → 120/180/270 Boulder Damage
Malzahar is already in a pretty strong spot as a 1 cost carry, so I don't really see why you should buff him. He should be a candidate for the OP state for the next patch.
The Orianna buffs are pretty interesting. She hasn't really been viable as a carry, also she only has one actual trait with sorcerer. I've been playing some Orianna / Swain reroll though and the amount of damage Orianna can put out is really surprising. With those buffs, it will even get better. My tip is to play Nashors, Stattiks and Spear of Shojiin as her BiS-Items.
Milio and Taliyah can also be some good candidates for reroll. While Taliyah is performing decently, Milio still needs to find his place as a carry. With the Cassio and Soraka nerfs, Invoker Reroll got hit anyway, apart from not even being viable.
- 300% → 350% Ability AD
- 290/290/300% → 250/250/255% Ability AD
- 135/145/150% → 190/195/200% Marked Bite AD
- Rek'sai's Bite marker will persist until the end of combat instead of being consumed.
- 170/255/420 → 180/270/400
- Spell Damage
- Bugfix: If Karma's target dies immediately as she begins to cast, she will pick a new target.
- 80/160 → 60/140 Mana
- 30% → 35% Bonus Defense Amp
- 40/90 → 35/80 Mana
- 105/155/255 → 180/270/440 Spell Damage
- Sona's ability now deals 33% less damage to each unit hit.
- 35/40/45% for 5 seconds → 20/25/35% for rest of combat Attack Speed
- Spell collision changes to hit adjacent allies
Darius always felt pretty lackluster, even if 3-starred with BiS-Items. Maybe we will get to good old Set 3 Space Pirates Darius who just one-shots your entire board?
Karma and Sona are also two candidates, which just don't feel powerful enough. You barely see a comp with those carries perform well.
- 60 → 65 AD
- Fiora is no longer untargetable during Blade Waltz
- NEW: Fiora takes 30% less damage during Blade Waltz
- 70/160 → 70/140 Mana
- 140/140/240% → 160/160/240% Spell AD%
- 350 → 250 Darkin Bonus HP
- 60 → 70 Armor & MR
- 275/275/2500% → 290/300/2500% Spell AD
- If the Dreadway hasn't yet reached Gangplank, it'll pass through enemies dealing damage. After reaching Gangplank, or if Gangplank is dead, it'll crash on the next enemy hit.
The boat will now always crash if it hasn't hit an enemy after 2.25 seconds
- 3/3/5 → 3/3/3 Refractor Beams
- 10/30/30% → 10/40/80% Damage Amp
- Can't get enough of TFT? Get this stylish calendar!
The Fiora changes are pretty big. It has been frustrating for Fiora to just dodge every Ability while ulting. Mortdog is changing this and buffing Fiora to not make her underpowered.
Patch 13.20 Champion Nerfs
- 220/220/230% → 200/200/205% Ability AD
- 170/255/385 → 160/240/360 Spell Damage
- 30/35/40 → 35/35/35 HP on Kill
- 170/190/220 → 150/170/200 Spell Healing
- 40/90 → 60/110 Mana
- 200 → 180 lonia Bonus HP
- 20/70 → 25/75 Mana
- 165/250/375 → 155/235/355 Initial Magic Damage
- 1.5 → 1.25 sec AOE Delay
Rogue, Bruisers and Juggernauts have been pretty dominating this whole patch. It's time to see some new comps.
- 250/350/475 → 250/325/425 Spell Shield
- 30/95 → 20/100 Mana
- 80/80/125% → 80/80/100% Spell AD
Xayah took a little time to get figured out. Now that she got buffed and players got the right items on her, she can just basically one-shot your board and is especially OP with Ionia Ashe. It was just too safe and so it needs to get toned down.
Speaking of one-shotting your board: Neeko is a tank who pretty much did the same, when she got into the backline. I mean, I love this comp (disgusting, I know), but it just feels unfair.
Adaptive Helm & Jak'Sho the Protean
- NEW: Frontline Bonus also grants 1 mana when struck by an attack
- Will no longer roll duplicate items
Titan's Resolve (Radiant)
- AS: 20% → 30%
- Armor: 30 → 35
- Buff Duration: 8 → 12 sec
Banshee's Veil (Support)
- NEW: Grants 15% AS for the duration of the CC immunity
Chalice of Harmony (Support)
- AP: 22 → 25
Radiant Virtue (Support)
- Bugfix: Correctly doubles its heal amount for 10 sec after the holder dies.
- Max HP Heal: 7% → 6.5%
Zeke's Herald (Support)
- Attack Speed: 25% → 30%
I don't really think, Adaptive Helmet needed a buff. It's in a pretty good spot anyways, so maybe it will become broken.
For Titans, that's a different pair of shoes. You barely see anyone build it, so the buffs are justified. Maybe we get some more Ekko, Darius or Nasus carry with this buff.
- AS: 25% → 20%
Dragon's Claw (Radiant)
- Regen Rate: 1.5 → 2 sec
- AS: 50% → 40%
In a set, where nearly every unit has shielding and Taric is the top frontline, Guardbreaker was just a simple no-brainer slam for every AD unit. Mortdog is trying to tone the item down, so it will get more situational.
Radiant DClaw has also been the highest WR mythic for quite some time now. It just make your tank completely unkillable vs AP comps. The nerf is definitely deserved.
- Units Granted: Warwick & Sett → Darius & Sett
- Threshold: 50% → 60%
Built Different II
- Health: 200-425 → 225-475
Built Different Ill
- Attack Speed: 45-65% → 50-70%
- Now grants one copy immediately
- Shield: 75-225 → 100-250
Item Grab Bag III
- Gold: 2 → 4
Money Money! & Money Money Money!
- Turns: 4 → 3
Pavs to Learn Ill
- XP: 20 → 24
- AP per cast: 6 → 9
- Base Damage Amp: 15% → 12%
- Additionally grants 1 component Anvil
- Base Execute: 3% → 5%
- Components Granted: 1 → 0
Gifts of the Fallen
- AD & AP per stack: 4 → 3
- Gloves: 3 → 2 (Change only in effect at 2-1)