It's spooky season! This means that we are getting some new Halloween content in League of Legends, Of course we have our usual champion buffs and nerfs and honestly, we're happy that Aatrox is finally getting nerfed. Thanks Rito.
So, let's go over everything we know about this League of Legends patch. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait a little bit longer on K'Sante even though we know he's going to be released with a prestige skin in Novemeber. Riot, we want him now!
LoL Patch 12.20: Buffs and Nerfs
Champion Nerfs on Live Server
Everyone rejoice. The time of Aatrox is finally coming to an end with Riot putting this top lane menace on the nerf list. How long has it been since we've not had to deal with this drain tank? Too long. These are all the champions Riot is going to nerf in the next patch:
P - Pit Grit
|Aatrox||P - Deathbringer Stance|
|Maokai||P - Sap Magic|
R - Nature's Grasp
Champion Buffs on Live Server
There are multiple champions that will be getting buffs in this patch. This is going to be one of the last chances for you to get some LP so make sure to pick one of these buffed champions so you'll be able to gain those end of season rewards.
W - Lightning Field [Melee Stance]
R - Transform Mercury Hammer
|Wukong (Top)||R - Cyclone |
|Gwen||Q - Snip Snip!|
|Evelynn||Q - Hate Spike|
W - Allure
|Ziggs||Q - Bouncing Bombs|
|W - Defensive Ball Curls |
R - Soaring Slam
Champion Adjustments on Live Server
Elise will have a few adjustments in this patch to her Q range, while Blitzcrank will receive some jungle buffs and support nerfs. They've become quite OP in the bot lane, but are still struggling as a jungler. Will these buffs help the golem out?
- E - Heroic Swing:
- Swing Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ infinite
- E - Lightning Rush
- [NEW] Shadow Shuriken Jutsu: After ending his E, Kennen’s bonus attack speed buff will now allow him to surpass the 2.5x attack speed limit
- Q - Neurotoxin
- Cast Range: 625 ⇒ 575
- Range Detection: Edge of Elise to center of target’s hitbox ⇒ center of Elise to edge of target’s hitbox
- Base Stats
- Base AD: 62 ⇒ 60
- Base Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.625
- P - Mana Barrier
- Shield Amount: 30% of maximum mana ⇒ 15-45% of maximum mana (levels 1-18)
- W - Overdrive
- Damage to Monsters: 60-180 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 60-220 (levels 1-18) (note: no longer scales linearly, scaling is as follows: 60/80/100/120/140/160/165/170/175/180/185/190/195/200/205/210/215/220)
- E - Power Fist
- Empowered Auto Attack Damage against Champions: 200% total AD (+ 25% AP) ⇒ 175% total AD (+ 25% AP)
- Damage to Non-Champions: unchanged
- [NEW] To the Moon: Blitzcrank now has a chance to uppercut monsters to the moon when overkilling them
System Buffs and Nerfs on Live Server
We're also getting some system changes in the upcoming patch with Mortal Reminder and Sterak's Gage getting buffed while Lethal Tempo and Frozen Heart will receive nerfs. Demonic Embrace will be adjusted to be more AP heavy with less HP given to champions.
- Lethal Tempo
- Bonus Auto Attack Range: 50 for melee champions, 75 for ranged ⇒ 50 for melee and ranged champions
- Frozen Heart
- Total Cost: 2500 ⇒ 2700
- Combine Cost: 600 ⇒ 800
- Armor: 80 ⇒ 90
- Rock Solid Damage Reduction: 7 (+ 3.5 per 1000 health) ⇒ 5 (+ 3.5 per 1000 health)
- Mortal Reminder
- Total Cost: 2500 ⇒ 2600
- Attack Damage: 25 ⇒ 35
- Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Sterak's Gage
- The Claws that Catch bonus AD: 45% base AD ⇒ 50% base AD
- Lifeline Shield Amount: 75% Bonus Health decaying over 3.75 seconds ⇒ 80% Bonus Health decaying over 4.5 seconds
- Demonic Embrace
- Health: 450 ⇒ 350
- Ability Power: 60 ⇒ 70
- Ranged Burn Damage per Tick: 1% maximum health ⇒ 0.8% maximum health
Preseason 2023 on PBE Server
Of course, we cannot overlook all the changes currently on the PBE server. These will not go live with Patch 12.20 though, but we're going to go over the key changes quickly, just so you've got an overview, but for an in-depth guide to the preseason make sure to check out our designated article.
- Chemtech Drake Returns
- Jungle Pets Introduced
- Item Changes
- New Items
- Old Items
- Updated Items
- New Communication Tools
- Vision Tools
- Jungle Changes
- Need a new graphics card? We've got you covered!
If you're planning on going onto the PBE server in the coming weeks, be sure to expect a lot of Chemtech drake, since Riot has upped the spawn rate of this dragon to try and get as much information and data on the new (old?) drake.
New Bewitching Skins in LoL Patch 12.20
Bewitching is back in 2022 once more with a total of five skins. So five new sexy witches... or well four and a bat, because the dream of the bat-Anivia skin has come true. Thank you Riot for listening to me, because nothing else would have been acceptable for Anivia in this skin line.
- Bewitching Anivia
- Bewitching LeBlanc
- Bewitching Neeko
- Bewitching Senna
- Bewitching Cassiopeia
These are the upcoming League of Legends skins in the next patch and you can currently test them out on the PBE server. Unfortunately, we have to wait another two weeks until we can see the brand-new K'Sante skin and the champion as well.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.