Sett is so cheap now!
League of Legends Champions Will Receive New Prices
Riot just revealed some information on champions and how the pricing model for them will change in the future. The price model for champions has become pretty outdated and Riot is going to be changing some things.
In a dev blog by Riot BarackProbama, he revealed just what Riot is going to change and how champions will be priced from now on, to make it more efficient and easier for new and returning LoL players.
LoL: New Pricing Model Revealed for Champions
The pricing model in League of Legends for acquiring League of Legends is pretty outdated. That's why it's finally getting an overhaul and while it is still based, mostly, on age of champions, more factors will be taken into account, like accessibility to new players.
We know that players finding their mains or champions helps them “stick” with playing and learning League, or with returning players to find new mains.
Want to have some fun? Check out these wombo-combo champions:
So, how will Riot change the price tier for champions going forward? The new structure will still take a champion's age into account, but instead of counting by new champions before them, it will not go according to seasons they've been available.
- Pick up Realms of Runeterra for the best price
So champions that have been around for more than 2 seasons will have their cost reduced. CGU, VGU and even some mid-scope updates can also affect champions in a way that could impact their pricing. Riot did state that they wouldn't willy-nilly change a champion into a different price tier.
What Are the New Price Tiers for LoL Champions?
These are the price tiers Riot have revealed in their blog post:
- 450 BE / 260 RP - Champions that are awesome for new players. These have a strong fantasy and an approachable kit that our data suggests helps folks find success early. Examples include Malphite, Miss Fortune, and Yuumi.
- 1350 BE / 585 RP - Champions that are a bit more complex than the lower tier, but still approachable for interested folks. Examples include Yasuo, Lucian, and Sett.
- 3150 BE / 790 RP - Champions that have a larger degree of difficulty or specialization in their play. Examples include LeBlanc, Shaco, and Yorick.
- 4444 BE / 880 RP - Only perfection and beauty are allowed at this tier.
- 4800 BE / 880 RP - The majority of the roster will live here.
- 6300 BE / 975 RP - Champions that have come out in the past two seasons, after which they will move to the tier above after the next season starts.
- 7800 BE / 975 RP - Champions that have come out in the past week.
Champions Receive Price Increase
It is also mentioned that some champions, that are currently on the lower end of the price spectrum will be receiving a price increase. Ryze, Kayle Singed and Twisted Fate will have their Blue Essence cost increased to 4800RP, but their RP cost will stay at 260RP.
This is because these are champions with which new players likely won't find much success due to their difficult kits.
Riot to Add Champion Bundles
Riot will also be creating Champion bundles for new players where they can get multiple champions from different tiers at a reduced price, saving a lot of Blue Essence. These bundles will also include champions from various roles to truly introduce players to the game and let them figure out what works for them.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.