Hwei is going to be the newest champion in League of Legends, but when doe she release and what will his abilities and kit look like?
Hwei is going to be the newest champion in League of Legends, and he will be released pretty soon. The champion has been shrouded in mystery with almost no information having leaked, but there are some hints that Riot have given us that can let us make some bold predictions.
So let's go over everything we know thus far about the champion who is going to be joining us in the mid lane very soon.
LoL Hwei: Everything You Need To Know About The Mid Lane Mage
What Abilities Will Hwei Have?
Hwei is going to have 10 different abilities in his kit, making him one of the most complex champions in the game. You're going to have to weave them together to create a beautiful painting on the rift, which makes him one of the most exciting champions to be added to the game in a long time.
First, before making a move you'll have to choose one of three subjects that Hwei has on offer:
- Q - Disaster: Damage
- W - Serenity: Utility
- E - Torment: Control
Passive - Signature of the Visionary
- Hwei's damaging abilities against enemy champions mark them for a few seconds. Hitting marked enemies with another damaging ability creates and explosion underneath them, detonating after a short delay and dealing magic damage to all enemies in range
Q - Disaster
- QQ - Devastating Fire: Hwei paints a blazing fireball that flies out in the target direction. It explodes on the first enemy hit or at maximum range, dealing magic damage plus percent max health magic damage to all enemies in an area
- QW - Severing Bolt: Hwei paints a long-range, devastating bolt at the target location. After a delay, the bolt strikes, dealing magic damage. Immobilized or isolated enemies take increased damage based on missing health
- QE - Molten Fissure: Hwei paints a field of exploding volcanic eruptions, creating lingering lava in its path. Every eruption deals magic damage to enemies hit. Enemies in the lava area are dealt magic damage per second and are slowed
- QR - Wash Brush: Hwei clears his paintbrush and returns to base abilities without using mana or cooldowns
The Q combination is what you would use when dealing damage. There are some interesting combinations here, like his QQ being the main poke damage, similar like Karma's R-Q combo.
W - Serenity
- WQ - Fleeting Current: Hwei paints a current of swift waters in a line for a few seconds that grants movement speed to himself and allies
- WW - Pool of Reflection: Hwei forms a protective pool at the target location that lasts for a few seconds. Allied champions inside the area gain an immediate shield, increasing in value over a few seconds while in the area
- WE - Stirring Lights: Hwei paints three swirling lights that circle him for several seconds. Hwei's next 3 attacks or spells deal bonus magic damage and grant mana on hit
- WR - Wash Brush: Hwei clears his paintbrush and returns to base abilities without using mana or cooldowns
If you want to go off-meta and try out Hwei in the support position, then these are the abilities that feel like they'd be best here, with great utility in his kit this is perfect for a support player to try out.
E - Torment
- EQ - Grim Visage: Hwei launches a terrifying face that strikes the first enemy hit, dealing magic damage and causing them to flee for a brief duration
- EW - Grace of the Abyss: Hwei paints an abyssal eye at the target location that grants vision and locks onto the nearest visible enemy champion. After a short delay, the eye fires at the locked-on champion, rooting the first enemy in its path for a few seconds and dealing magic damage to them
- EE - Crushing Maw: Hwei paints crushing jaws that deal magic damage to enemies hit and pulls them toward the center, slowing them by a set amount that quickly decays
- ER - Wash Brush: Hwei clears his paintbrush and returns to base abilities without using mana or cooldowns
Hwei also has insane control with a lot of CC in his kit, which is where the E combos come in perfectly.
R - Spiraling Despair
- Hwei launches a vision of pure despair that sticks to an enemy champion for a few seconds. The vision expands and overwhelms all enemies it touches, dealing magic damage per second. Enemies within the zone are afflicted with stacks of Despair over time. Each stack of Despair applies a stacking percent slow. Upon completion, the vision shatters, dealing magic damage.
If you want to give Hwei a try: read up on our small pre-release Hwei Champion Guide to know which ability combos should work best!
Where Is Hwei From?
Hwei is a brand-new Ionian champion. His lore is going to be closely related to Jhin as well, with him searching for the serial killer since he was the one to unlock his artistic mind.
Hwei is described as a brooding painter, which is reflected in his model, making him look like an emo mage Aphelios. There is some form of light to him though, with him being described as someone who comforts the victims of Ionia's criminals with his paintings.
Hwei Release Patch & Date
Hwei is going to be released in LoL Patch 13.24. Thanks to the Winterblessed skins and the return of Arena to League of Legends, we know that Hwei is going to be getting a Winterblessed skin, which comes out with Patch 13.24.
So make sure to check the PBE on Monday, November 20, when Hwei, along with the 2024 Preseason changes should be heading to the Public Beta Environment.
More content for you: