Whatever we expected of patch 12.5, with the addition of Renata Glasc onto the live servers, this was definitely not it. The newest League of Legends support champion was not as overpowered as most of the community feared, though Riot may just have another candidate to take up that position, with this patch.
To get the most important information out of the way first, even though patch 12.5 is a small one, the next one, patch 12.6, will arrive on March 30, as Riot are pausing normal operations to connect, reflect, and discuss their goals for the game. So, if the, now live, Yi changes, the biggest novelty of this patch, turn out to be disastrous, help will only come in four weeks' time.
Master Yi Changes in Patch 12.5
As per Riot's explanation, Mastey Yi's Duskblade build has been promoting some unhealthy gameplay styles. Due to this, they are decreasing his Alpha Strike ability's synergy with lethality and promoting an on-hit build. This is supposed to make Master Yi a tank-shredder whose only counter is not, exclusively, immediate hard crowd control abilities before his Duskblade passive comes into play.
Master Yi changes going live with patch 12.5 are as follows:
- 25/60/95/130/165 (+90% AD) ⇒ 30/60/90/120/150 +60% AD
- Reduced by 75% for subsequent hits on the same target
- New Alpha Strike
- Each mark of Q - Alpha Strike now applies on-hit effects including his E - Wuju Style
- On-hit effects from subsequent hits are also reduced by 75%,
- Q - Alpha Strike's cooldown reduction upon attacks now scales down with Ability Haste. Should Master Yi have 100 Ability Haste, each on-hit now reduces its cooldown by 0.5 seconds, instead of 1,
- Q - Alpha Strike's cast time no longer counts against his E - Wuju Style and R - Highlander active durations, similarly to W - Meditate,
- Master Yi can now activate E - Wuju Style and R - Highlander during his Q - Alpha Strike.
LoL Patch 12.5 - Other Champion Changes
As we've previously stated, patch 12.5 is a small one, evidenced by the number of champions receiving changes, with Master Yi's mini-rework being the largest of them all. Aside from Mastery Yi, there are only 7 other champions featured in this patch:
- Ahri - Nerf to her damage and abilities' mana cost
- Xin Zhao - Nerf to his engage and survivability
- Gwen - Nerf to her jungle role
- Kennen - Buff to his base damage and scaling
- Samira - Buff to all base stats and Inferno Trigger Cooldown
- Miss Fortune - Now Spawns with the maximum amount of Strut passive
- Seraphine - Buff to her support role
What Skins Were Released in LoL Patch 12.5?
There are four new champions that have received a new skin from the Bees! skin line. Joining Beemo are two diametrically different Yordles, Heimerdinger and Ziggs, while on the, relatively, human side we have Orianna and Nunu & Willump.
- Nunu & Beelump
Good, and bad, puns aside, the new skins will all be accompanied by eight distinct chromas, each bringing new life and character to the skins.