LoL Patch 13.17 just went live and introduced a lot of buffs, nerfs and other changes to the game. Also, some nice new skins were released and the long awaited return of the Blue Essence Emporium finally happened. As already announced by Riot Games this patch is also part of the balancing process towards the LoL World Championship in South Korea.
So, in this article we will tell you everything you need to know about the Patch 13.17.
- LEC Season Finals: Teams, Format& Where To Watch
- Map Changes Will Change League of Legends In Preseason 2024
LoL Patch 13.17 Balance Changes
LoL Patch 13.17 is part of the balancing process towards the end of the esport calendar with its huge end at the League of Legends World Championship in South Korea, so the devs are currently trying to build a solid, and in the best case also entertaining, meta for the biggest LoL tournament of the year.
In Patch 13.17 we get nerfs for some of the stronger jungle champions like Kha'Zix and Kayn, and also the newest addition to the LoL champion roster, Naafiri, will receive a nerf. On the flip side, the devs are trying to diversify the bot lane and mid lane champion pool, through buffs for champions like Lux, Orianna and Samira.
Champion Buffs in LoL Patch 13.17
Our resident neighborhood spider hasn't been part of the meta for quite some time now, even tho she possesses a lot of snowballing potential and a nice ability kit, which should make her one of the easiest and strongest junglers to play. So, the devs decided to buff her overall damage and her Cocoon stun duration for easier ganks.
Passiv - Spider Queen
- Bonus Magic Damage on Basic Attacks: 10/20/30/40 (+20% AP) >>> 12/22/32/42 (+20% AP)
- On-Hit Healing on Basic Attacks: 4/6/8/10 (+8% AP) >>> 6/8/10/12 (+8% AP)
- Stun Duration: 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2 seconds >>> 1.6/1.8/2/2.2/2.4 seconds
Gnar was also rarely seen in the last months, despite his play making abilities and strong lane presence. To bring him bacvk and help him in direct fights, Riot decided to increase his damage output of the Mega Gnar form.
Q - Boulder Toss (Mega Gnar)
- Physical Damage: 25/70/115/160/205 (+140% AD) >>> 45/90/135/180/225 (+140% AD)
W - Wallop (Mega Gnar)
According to Riot, Lux should be bolstered up again for the mid lane as a damage carry. She received some small nerf to her mana regeneration but gets her passives damage increased.
- Base Mana Regeneration: 8 >>> 7
Passiv - Illumination
- Magic Damage: 20-190 (based on level) (+20% AP) >>> 30-200 (based on level) (+25% AP)
Q - Light Binding
- Cooldown: 11 seconds at all ranks >>> 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds
E - Lucent Singularity
- Magic Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+80% AP) >>> 65/115/165/215/265 (+80% AP)
Discover more about the LoL Universe with Ruination: A League of Legends Novel
Orianna was always a solid pick for the mid lane, since her ability kit will always allow her to be useful in teamfights and by shielding allies, even when behind. The devs want to bring her back into the current meta. So she gets her HP growth and her damage buffed a little bit.
- Health Growth: 105 >>> 110
W - Command: Dissonance
- Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+70% AP) >>> 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% AP)
The bot lane meta has felt stale in the last couple of weeks, especially in pro-play. According to the devs, Samira lost her durability. So the buff to her Base health should help her back on the feet a little.
- Base Health: 600 ⇒ 630
Twisted Fate hasn't had the best year so far and was rarely seen in SoloQ and pro-play. But since he possesses an overall strong snowballing potential, especially in the coordinated pro-play, one slight change might be enough to make him tempting again. So, time for more damage output.
Q - Wild Cards
- Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+80% AP) >>> 60/100/140/180/220 (+90% AP)
Normally, Vex offers anything a mid laner could ask for. High damage output, a strong waveclear and with her ult even the ability to gank and influence other lanes. To help her back on her feet, Riot increased her damage output and lowered her W- Cooldown
Q - Mistral Bolt
- Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+70% AP) >>> 70/115/160/205/250 (+70% AP)
W - Personal Space
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds >>> 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Zoe has been missing in League of Legends for a longer duration now and to be honest, is there anybody who's missing her? Well it seems like it, since the devs want to bring her back into the meta, trhough buffs to her Base Health Regeneration and Magic Penetration.
- Base Health Regeneration: 6.5 >>> 7.5
E - Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Magic Resistance Reduction: 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% >>> 30% at all ranks
Champion Nerfs in LoL Patch 13.17
Kayn was simply everywhere in the last weeks and was clearly in a way too strong position. So the devs decided to bring in the heavy hammer and nerfed his damage output massively.
W - Blade's Reach
- Physical Damage: 90/135/180/225/270 (+130% bonus AD) >>> 85/130/175/220/265 (+110% bonus AD)
- New Me, New Health and Mana Bar: Kayn now restores himself to maximum health and mana upon transforming into Shadow Assassin or Darkin Slayer. (Note: This feature is disabled on ARAM.)
The Insect was in a comparable situation like Kayn. He was way too strong and frustrating to play against, if he got in front, which happened way too often in the last couple of months. So his main damage output-his Q-received a big nerf.
Q - Taste Their Fear
- Physical Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+115% bonus AD) >>> 70/95/120/145/170 (+110% bonus AD)
And we're continuing with the nerfs for the currently strong jungle champs. Just like the other two champions, Kindred is a strong snowballer as well. According to Riot she has maintained a "stranglehold" on high-level SoloQ for far too long now. So, her E gets nerfed.
E - Mounting Dread
- Physical Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% bonus AD) (+8% (+0.5% per Mark Mark) target’s missing health) >>> 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% bonus AD) (+5% (+0.5% per Mark Mark) target’s missing health)
- Slow: 50% (+5% per 100 AP) for 1 second >>> 30% (+5% per 100 AP) for 1 second
Naafiri is the newest addition to the LoL champion roster and was already nerfed in the last patch. At the moment the devs are still trying to figure out, which position might be the best for her.
Passive - We are more
- Cooldown: 25-10 (based on level) >>> 30-15 (based on level)
- (new) Down Doggo: Naafiri’s Packmates will now take 100% bonus damage from melee attacks
Q - Darkin Daggers
- Recast Minimum Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+70% bonus AD) >>> 30/45/60/75/90 (+40% bonus AD)
- Recast Maximum Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+70% bonus AD) >>> 60/90/100/130/180 (+70% bonus AD)
- Recast Heal Amount: 45/65/85/105/125 (+40% bonus AD) >>> 45/60/75/90/105 (+40% bonus AD)
E - Eviscerate
- Dash Physical Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+60% bonus AD) >>> 35/50/65/80/95 (+50% bonus AD)
- Flurry Physical Damage: 65/100/135/170/205 (+90% bonus AD) >>> 65/100/135/170/205 (+80% bonus AD)
Ahh Xerath, the champion who can't decide which lane he fits the most. His ability kit is perfect for the mid lane, with huge wave clear, poke and siege potential. Also, his ultimate is perfect for "ganks" onto other lanes. But at the moment he is an incredibly strong support champion as well. So Riot wants to nerf him a little bit.
- Base Mana Regeneration: 8 >>> 6.85
Passive - Mana Surge
- Cooldown Refunded on Unit Kill: 2 seconds >>> 2.5 seconds
W - Eye of Destruction
- Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 >>> 80/90/100/110/120
Champion Adjustments in Patch 13.17
Aatrox was the true King of the toplane for what feels like ages now, in SoloQ and pro-play. But the devs tried something interesting here, to adjust him to the current meta and maybe even changes the whole concept of Aatrox.
Passive - Deathbringer Stance
- Damage Type: Physical >>> Magic
W - Infernal Chains
- Damage Type: Physical >>> Magic
In Patch 13.17, Akshan will get his tankiness buffed a little bit, while his attack damage growth gets reduced slightly.
- Health Growth: 104 >> 107
- Armor Growth: 4.2 >>> 4.7
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 >>> 3
Well, this might the champion, that got changed the most in LoL Patch 13.17. Blitzcrank received a massive update to all of his abilities and their scaling.
- Base Health: 633 >>> 650
- Magic Resistance: 28 >>> 32
- Base Attack Speed: 0.65 >>>0.625
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.7>>> 0.625
Passive - Mana Barrier
- Shield Strength: 15-45% (based on level) of Maximum Mana >>> 30% of Maximum Mana
W - Overdrive
- Mana Cost: 85 >>> 75
- Bonus Attack Speed: 30/43/56/69/82% >>> 30/40/50/60/70%
E - Power Fist
- Bonus Physical Damage: 75% AD (+25% AP) >>> 100% AD (+25% AP)
- Mana Cost: 40 >>> 25
- (removed)Bonus Damage to Non-Champions: E no longer deals a bonus 150% AD (+125% AP) to non-champions
R - Static Field
- Passive Damage: 50/100/150 (+50% AP) >>> 50/100/150 (+50% AP) (+2% Maximum Mana)
According to Riot Games, Hecarim was way too squishy for the current meta, and so he received changes to some of his abilities. Jungle players will surely be happy about the increased omnivamp and mana costs
- Base Mana: 277 >>> 280
- Mana Growth: 60 >>> 40
- Base Mana Regeneration: 6.5 >>> 7
- Mana Regeneration Growth: 0.6 >>> 0.8
Q - Rampage
- Mana Cost: 30 at all ranks >>> 28/26/24/22/20
W - Spirit of Dread
- Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 >>> 50/55/60/65/70
- Omnivamp: 25% (+2% of 100 bonus AD) of damage dealt >>> 20% of damage dealt (Note: this is still post-mitigation damage dealt)
Just like with Akhsan, Riot sees Quinn as too shquishy for the current meta, and increased her durability in the form of buffed Healkth Grow and some adjustments to her damage output.
- Health Growth: 99 >>> 107
Q - Blinding Assault
- Physical Damage: 20/45/70/95/120 (+80/90/100/110/120% AD) (+50% AP) >>> 20/40/60/80/100 (+80/90/100/110/120% AD) (+50% AP)
E - Vault
- Physical Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (+20% bonus AD) >>> 40/65/90/115/140 (+20% bonus AD)
Well, this has to the news, we're all have been waiting for. Tryndamere gets some adjustments and Riot increases his Attack range. It will be interesting to see, if this will help him back into the mat before Worlds 2023.
- Attack Range: 125 >>> 175
- Attack Damage: 72 >>> 68
In Patch 13.17 nearly every ability gets changed, lets see if this will help Vi to find her place in the meta and on Summoner's Rift. According to the devs, the year has been a rollercoaster for the champ so far.
Passive - Blast Shield
- Shield Strength: 10% of Vi’s maximum health >>> 12% of Vi’s maximum health
W - Denting Blows
- Passive Cooldown Reduction: 3 seconds >>> 4 seconds
E - Relentless Force
- Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds >>> 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
R - Cease and Desist
- Physical Damage: 150/325/500 (+110% bonus AD)>>> 150/275/400 (+90% bonus AD)
Xin only received one change to his passive in LoL Patch 13.17 and will still be an option for the jungle position.
Passive - Determination
- Heal on Third Stack: 6-74 (based on level) (+10% AD) (+65% AP) >>> 3/3.5/4% (levels 1/6/11) (+65% AP) of maximum health
LoL Patch 13.17 Item Buffs& Nerfs
- Engorge Health Requirement for Bonus AD: above 50% health >>> above 70% health
Duskbalde of Draktharr
- (Removed) More Like the Rest: Nightstalker passive has been changed to functionally match other untargetable effects. Duskblade will still not block towers.
- (Removed) Slippery, but not Invincible: No longer makes the owner immune to damage while untargetable.
- (New) But still Slippery: Now destroys incoming non-tower projectiles when triggered.
- Coruscation Damage Amplification: 10% >>> 7%
- Item Recipe: Ironspike Whip + Caulfield’s Warhammer + Kindlegem >>> Ironspike Whip + Phage + Kindlegem (Note: Total cost unchanged)
- Health: 300 >>> 400
- Lifeline Shield: 215-500 (levels 11-18) >>> 290-500 (levels 11-18)
Spear of Shojin
- Item Recipe: Caulfield’s Warhammer + B.F. Sword + Kindlegem >>> Caulfield’s Warhammer + Pickaxe + Kindlegem#
- Combine Cost: 100 >>> 525 (Note: total item cost is unchanged.)
- Attack Damage: 65 >>> 60
- Health: 350 >>> 500
- Dragonforce: 8 (+8% bonus AD) Haste for Melee Champions / 6 (+6% bonus AD) Haste for Ranged Champions >>> 16 (+4% bonus AD) Haste for Melee Champions / 12 (+3% bonus AD) Haste for Ranged Champions (Note: this is a buff before 200 bonus AD.)
- Bonus Damage Against Champions: 100-180 (based on level) (+30% AP) >>> 100-180 (based on level) (+15% AP)
- Health: 300 >>> 375
LoL Patch 13.17: New Cosmic Paladin Skins Revealed
And as usuual the new Patch also implements new Skins into the game. And this time, there some absolut gems in the selection. With Patch 13.18 the "Cosmic" skin line with 5 fresh skins gets introduced.
- Cosmic Matriarch Bel'Veth
- Cosmic Paladin Nautilus
- Cosmic Paladin Sion
- Cosmis Paladins Nunu & Willump
- Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin
LoL Patch 13.17: The Blue Essence Emporium
Yes, the Blue Essence Emporium will finally return with LoL Patch 13.17. The Emporium will open its gates at September 6, 2023, at 8pm UTC. It will be open for 2 weeks until September 20, 2023, at 6pm UTC. During this time span you will be able to spend your Blue Essence on chromas and other cosmetics in the game.
The Blue Essence Emporium is back! You'll be able to spend your Blue Essence on chromas, accessories, and more starting September 6, 20:00 UTC. The Emporium will remain open until September 20 , 20:00 UTC, so make sure to drop by!
LoL Patch 13.17: The New Champion Illustration Icons
Every single champion in League of Legends receives a new champion illustration icon , which will be purchasable in the shop for 205 RP each. Some of them are looking great. Also newly released champions will also get a new icon by release. So we might see the first of them, after the official implemnatation of Briar.
LoL Patch 13.17: ARAM Changes
Of course the best mode in all of League of Legends will also have its own buffs and nerfs for certain champions. Here are all the Aram changes in LoL Patch 13.17
ARAM Buffs in Patch 13.17 for:
- Anivia: 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 95% Damage Take
- Gnar: 0 Total Attack Speed Increase ⇒ 2.5% Total Attack Speed Increase
- Kennen: 100% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Trundle: 95% Healing Done ⇒ 100% Healing Done
- Zilean: 0 Ability Haste ⇒ 10 Ability Haste
ARAM Nerfs in Patch 13.17 for:
- Brand: 0 Ability Haste ⇒ -10 Ability Haste
- Kayle: 103% Damage Taken ⇒ 105% Damage Taken
- Maokai: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Nasus: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Samira: 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 105% Damage Taken
- Tryndamere: 115% Damage Dealt ⇒ 110% Damage Dealt
- Vladimir: 100% Healing Done ⇒ 90% Healing Done
So, there you have it, all Buffs and Nerfs for Champions and Items in LoL Patch 13.17. It will be interesting to see, how and if these changes will impact the current meta and the meta straight before the LoL World Championship.
For more LoL related content, read:
- LoL: New Street Demon Skins - Everything You Need To Know
- Riot Will Make Huge Mythic Item Adjustments In LoL Preseason 2024
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.