It's time for MSI 2023!
LoL Patch 13.8: All Buffs & Nerfs – Are You Ready For MSI 2023?
LoL Patch 13.8 is going to be the key patch for the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational. It's the one we’re going to have to follow closely as we watch a whole month of pro League of Legends action.
This is another patch geared towards pro play, with some more OP junglers getting nerfed, as well as some underperformers getting buffed. All this so that the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational can have a meta with multiple champions.
League of Legends Patch 13.8: All Buffs & Nerfs
With LoL Patch 13.8 being the MSI patch for the second-biggest tournament in LoL esports, we're seeing some major champion buffs in hopes of making even more champions viable for the esports tournament.
- Base Stats
- Base Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 62
- Base Stats
- Base Attack Damage: 66 ⇒ 69
- Base Armor: 36 ⇒ 38
- Zephyr (W)
- Magic Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+50% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+60% AP)
- Eye of the Storm (E)
- Shield Decay Timer: 1.25 seconds ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- Taste Their Fear (Q)
- Physical Damage: 60/85/110/135/160 (+115% bonus AD) ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170 (+ 115% bonus AD)
- Icathian Surprise (P)
- [NEW] Run Kog, Run!: Kog’Maw is now Ghosted while in his passive form
- True Damage: 125-550 (based on level) ⇒ 140-650 (based on level)
- Caustic Spittle (Q)
- Cooldown: 8 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds
- Void Ooze (E)
- Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 ⇒ 40/55/70/85/100
- Slow: 20/28/36/44/52% ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50%
- Eclipse (W)
- Bonus Armor: 15/20/25/30/35 (+20% Bonus Armor) ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40 (+20% Bonus Armor)
- Bonus Magic Resistance: 15/20/25/30/35 (+20% Bonus Magic Resistance) ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40 (+20% Bonus Magic Resistance)
- Magic Damage: 45/80/115/150/185 (+ 40% AP) ⇒ 55/90/125/160/195 (+ 40% AP)
- Monster Damage Cap: 50-150 (based on level) ⇒ 70-150 (based on level) (Note: This is up to 40% more damage at level 1 against monsters with over 1328 HP, tapering to 0% more at less than 949 HP. Raptor has 1100, while Red, Blue, Gromp, Krug, and Wolf all hit the new max HP cap.)
- Healing Against Monsters: 24-75 (based on level) (+5.4% AP) ⇒ 39-54 (based on level) (+15% AP)
- Healing Against Champions: 6-120 (based on level) (+18% AP) ⇒ 6-90 (based on level) (+30% AP)
- Base Stats
- Base Armor: 28 ⇒ 32
- Armor Growth: 4.7 ⇒ 5
- Hammer Shock (Q)
- Target Health Damage: 8% ⇒ 9%
- Steadfast Presence (W)
- Bonus Resistances: 10% ⇒12% (Note: this will be doubled to 24% while Poppy is below 40% maximum health.)
Some champions have been too oppressive in the pro scene, hence why they will be getting a few nerfs. This list is much shorter than the buff list though, so don't worry about your fave.
- Base Stats
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.4 ⇒ 3
- Dragon Strike (Q)
- Physical Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (+140% bonus AD) ⇒ 80/120/160/200/240 (+140% bonus AD)
- Shadow Step (E)
- Shadow Assassin - Bonus Move Speed: 80% ⇒ 70%
- Shadow Assassin - Cooldown: 8 seconds ⇒ 10 seconds
- Thunderclap (W)
- Empowered Attack Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+20% AP)(+15% Armor) ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70 (+20% AP)(+15% Armor)
- Cleave Physical Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+ 30% AP) (+ 20% armor) ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55 (+ 30% AP) (+ 15% armor)
- Base Stats
- Base Armor: 32 ⇒ 30
- Armor Growth: 5.1 ⇒ 4.9
- Health Growth: 95 ⇒ 90
- Armor Growth: 4.3 ⇒ 4
Cosmic Drive Changes
Cosmic Drive is going to be getting an update to make it feel much better and like champions don't need to use all their abilities for it to proc.
- Ability Power: 90 ⇒ 100
- [NEW] Unique Passive - Spelldance: Damaging a champion (excluding damage over time) generates a stack of 2.5% Movement Speed every 1.5 seconds for the next 5 seconds up to 4 stacks (10% Movement Speed). At 4 stacks, gain an additional 10% Movement Speed (20% Movement Speed total). Dealing damage refreshes this effect. (Note: You only need to deal 1 instance of damage for it to start adding stacks on its own periodically. You then only need to hit them once again after a delay to fully stack it. You don't need to hit them 4 times 1.5 seconds apart. The intent here is that one spell does not fully stack the passive.)
Update To Reporting Players
You'll now also be able to report other players in your own game history. So if you forget to report a toxic teammate, you'll still be able to do so after already clicking out of the post-game screen. You can go onto your game history and report players by right-clicking on them. It's that easy.
New Mythic Content in LoL Mythic Shop
This patch we are also going to be getting some new skins in the mythic shop, as well as a brand-new mythic chroma for an exisiting legendary skin.
This means that Fuzz Fizz, as well as Prestige Ascended Pantheon, will be leaving the mythic shop to make space for these skins:
- True Damage Senna (125 ME)
- Nightbringer Kayn (125 ME)
- Mythic Chroma Dawnbringer Riven (Nightbringer)
Special Mageseeker Icons For Release of Riot Forge Game
Riot Forge is going to finally release a new game. In cooperation with Digital Sun, Riot Forge will release the Action RPG, telling the story of Sylas and the Mage revolution, bringing the player base closer to the lore of League of Legends.
To celebrate the release of the game, Riot is also releasing some special icons with characters from the game, like Morgana, Sylas and Lux.
Skins on League of Legends Patch 13.8
Nightbringer and Dawnbringer Skins
There are two sets of skins that will go live with LoL Patch 13.8. We are going to be getting four new skins in the Dawnbringer and Nightbringer universe. There won't be an event or anything for these skins, which will also mean that a return of unique old chromas won't happen.
- Nightbringer Nasus
- Nightbringer Jarvan IV
- Dawnbringer Renekton
- Dawnbringer Vayne
Some fans were unhappy with the reveal of the skins, especially since Vayne already has a 'light' skin with her Arclight skin, while others just felt that these were 'filler skins'. Other players hope that Riot brings back some old Dawnbringer and Nightbringer chromas to the shop to pick up, and make some legacy content available for everyone.
This is all the key information of LoL Patch 13.8, with much more on it's way for the upcoming patch. Riot heavily focused on the pro meta for this patch and will go back to solo queue baalnce in the future.