LoL: Riot Unveils Yuumi's Rework
Yuumi is the most talked about and discussed champion in all of League of Legends. Players either love this champion or despise her with a passion unlike any other, but now Riot is reworking her from the ground-up to try and get rid of her in the pro-scene, but keeping her beginner-friendly.
The rework for Yuumi has hit the PBE server for testing and is ready to be on live servers soon. So, what exactly do her new abilities do and how does her playstyle differ from her previous kit? Let's go over Yuumi's League of Legends rework in detail.
LoL Yuumi Rework: The Issue With Yuumi
Yuumi is a very controversial pick in League of Legends and the worst part of it all is just how strong she is in the pro scene. She has insane damage numbers for a little amount of gold and is able to stay completely safe throughout any fight and skirmish thanks to her W.
That has made her a prime pick in pro play and throughout the 2021 and 2022 League of Legends World Championship she's been one of the most sought-after champions on the big stage. So, what exactly is Riot doing to combat these issues within her kit?
Riot even leaked some of her kit by accident:
Riot Focus of Yuumi Rework
Riot is looking to make her less frustrating to play against and to pull her out of the pro meta completely. Therefore, they've made her Q easier to dodge. The healing in her kit will also depend on Yuumi actually landing her Q, unlike before where you just pressed a button.
- Show your support for K/DA with the K/DA Logitech mousepad!
Her ultimate has also received some big changes and it won't stun opponents anymore, which was one of the biggest issues within her kit, especially in late game teamfights around clutch objectives.
LoL Yuumi Rework: Her New Kit
Riot has made some official changes to each and every ability Yuumi has. Let's go over those exact changes right now.
- Helth Growth: 84 ⇒ 69
- Base Mana: 400 ⇒ 440
P - Feline Friendship
- When Yuumi hits an enemy with a basic attack or spell, she will heal herself. If she attaches to an ally within 4 seconds, they are healed too.
- While attached, she gains friendship with that ally whenever they kill a minion or champion. The ally with the most Friendship is her Best friend, granting some bonus effects to Yuumi's abilities while attached specifically to them.
- Cooldown: 20-10s (Levels 1-11)
- Heal Amount: 20-105 (+15% AP) Levels 1-18
- While her Passive is ready, Yuumi's AA range is increased by 50
Q - Prowling Projectile
- Yuumi fires a missile that slows the first enemy hit.
- If cast while attached, Yuumi can control the missile for a short period before it becomes Empowered, greatly accelerating and slowing enemies by an increased amount
- Best Friend Bonus: The slow will always be empowered and hitting enemy champions also grants 10/12/14/16/18/20 (+10% AP) on-hit damage to her ally for 5 seconds. This damage is increased by up to 75% based on hr Ally's critical strike chance
- Cooldown: 7.5/7.25/7/6.75/6.5/6.25 seconds
- Mana Cost: 50 at all ranks
- Base Damage: 60/90/120/150/180/210 (+20% AP)
- Base Slow: 20% decaying over 1s
- Empowered Damage: 80/140/200/2620/320/380 (+35% AP)
- Empowered Slow: 55/60/65/70/75/80% for decaying over 2 seconds
- Missile Width: 65 ⇒ 55
- Reveals targets hit by the ability
W - You And Me!
- Adaptive Force for Yuumi/Ally: Removed
- NO longer counts as a "Positive Boon" for Summon Aery
- Best Friend Bonus: Yuumi gains an additional 10-20% Heal & Shield Power (based on ally level), and her anchored ally gains 3/5/7/9/11 (+4% AP) On-Hit healing. This is affected by Yuumi's heal & shield power
E - Zoomies!
- [NEW] Now Shields allies instead of healing
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
- Shield Strength: 90/120/150/180/210 (+30% AP)
- Movement Speed: 20% for the duration of the shield
- Attack Speed: 35% (+8% pro 100 AP)
- Resotres 20/24/28/32/36 Mana to her anchor (not herself) increased by up to 100% based on their missing mana (30% bis 80% missing mana)
- No Best Friend Bonus, all allies can be saved by Yuumi
R - Final Chapter:
- For 3.5s, Yuumi fires 5 magical waves that affect enemies and allies. If cast while attached, Yuumi can steer the waves to follow her mouse
- For Ally Champions, the waves heal. The heal is increased by 130% on her Best Friend. All excess healing is converted to a shield, lasting 3s after the ability ends
- For all enemies, the waves deal damage and apply a stacking slow
- Cooldown: 110/100/90s ⇒ 120/110/100s
- Damage per Wave: 60/80/100 (+20% AP) ⇒ 75/100/125 (+20% AP)
- Healing per Wave: 35/50/65 (+15% AP)
- Slow Duration: 1.25s
- Slow Amount: 10% + 10% additive per wave hit (max. 50% Slow)
- Best Friend Bonus: Waves also grant Yuumi's Best Friend 20/40/60 (+10% AP) Armor and Magic Resistance for the duration of the spell
This is her new kit. Overall it looks interesting, but some fans are concerned that Yuumi will continue to sit on her partner's shoulder without ever getting off. At least in the old kit she was encouraged to hop off to regain some mana with her auto attacks, but now that has been completely taken out of her kit.
Yuumi To Become Cheaper
Since Riot is really trying to push Yuumi as a champion for beginners, they're also making her a lot cheaper. With their new pricing strategy going into effect soon, they've decided to make Yuumi a 450 Blue Essence champion, along with other simple champions, like Miss Fortune and Malphite.
This means anyone can purchase Yuumi, so you might be seeing a lot more Yuumi's in the future, especially for low elo players.
Yuumi Rework Release Date
Riot has also already revealed Yuumi's rework release date. She should be going live in LoL Patch 13.5, which according to the official League of Legends patch schedule is going to be Wednesday, March 8.
Will you be giving the new and 'improved' Yuumi a try or is she a dead champion to you that you want nothing to do with? Let us know in the comments below!
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.