Naafiri is going to be the first female Darkin in League of Legends. Sure, we've had some more female Darkin in Legends of Runeterra, but this is going to be the first for Summoner's Rift.
The champion is just around the corner, with more and more news trickling in from the grapevine, so it's about time we check out everything we know.
Naafiri Will Be A Monster Champion
Naafiri is going to be a creature champion. In 2022 many fans thought that the upcoming champion from the Void, Bel'Veth, would be the full monster champion, but that wasn't the case.
With the release of her trailer on June 20, 2023 Riot has shown just what Naafiri will look like. A deformed and grotesque hound. Honestly, after Yuumi this is a breath of fresh air and she looks great. This is the type of champion for anyone will enjoy.
- Read up on some League of Legends lore with Ruination: A League of Legends novel.
Naafiri Abilities: This Is What The Mid Lane Assassin Can Do
Naafiri is going to be a very easy to play mid lane champion. Some of her abilities will remind players of Talon who is in a similar spot to Naafiri. Both champions are easy to play with cool combos, but they need to be able to reach the enemies before they do huge amounts of damage which will be the hard, and fun, part.
Passive - We Are More
- Naafiri spawns Packmates that attack the targets of her attacks and abilities.
Q - Darkin Daggers
- Naafiri hurls up to two daggers, each inflicting bleed, or each inflicting bonus damage if the target is already bleeding.
- Packmates leap to attack champions hit by this skill.
W - Hounds’ Pursuit
- Naafiri and her Packmates dash at an enemy, colliding with the first champion hit and dealing damage.
E - Eviscerate
- Naafiri dashes and damages enemies in an area, recalling and healing her Packmates to full.
R - The Call of the Pack
- Naafiri empowers her pack and spawns additional Packmates, gaining a burst of speed and vision and a shield when she attacks a champion.
- On first champion takedown, all effects are refreshed.
Her abilities are very simple and you'll constantly want to play around her rift hounds that will be a key damage source. Her W and E give Naafiri the mobility she needs to be able to reach her targets.
Her ultimate also refreshes upon takedown, so the added movement speed and vision can last for a very long time. Overall, she has a pretty loaded kit but she looks super fun!
Naafiri Lore - Do We Know Who the Darkin Dagger Will Be?
Most of the Darkin were trapped into Sivir's Chalicar by the Aspect of Twilight – the previous one... not Zoe – but a few did manage to escape but they were later trapped in other weapons seeking to be held by unsuspecting humans to gain power and bodies once more. At first many thought only five had escaped, but there are likely more Darkin waiting in Runeterra, waiting to be found.
Thanks to Legends of Runeterra multiple new Darkin have been added into the lore. Naafiri is going to be a brand-new Darkin that was likely found by a pack of wolves or something along those lines, since she will be a creature champion.
- Honestly, I love these little mini figurines of the League of Legends champion weapons.
When Will the New Darkin Champion Release?
Naafiri is going to be released in LoL Patch 13.14. She will hit the PBE server on June 27, 2023 where she is going to be on the PBE for three weeks since LoL Patch 13.13 (which will be the live patch during this PBE cycle) is a 3-week patch.
Naafiri will be taking the stage soon and she is going to be the long awaited creature champion. She is a mid lane assassin that should be on the easier side to play according to the information we've gathered thus far.