Are you sick and tired of reading about everything new that is going to hit the rift in season 12? Do you want to get ready to play ranked as soon as possible? Well, just wait a moment, we’ve got the most important thing for you right here.
Don’t jump into ranked on January 7, 2022 without having read the patch notes before! You need to know who is strong and who is not at the beginning of Season 12.
Champion Buffs in LoL Patch 12.01
Two champions are getting buffed. Diana is basically getting her nerfs reverted which made her one of the weakest junglers – or rather unpopular jungler – and she is getting some buffs added in as well. We see an OP champion incoming.
Gangplank is also getting a few buffs to get him out of the gutter, but there are just more and better top laners out there so we don’t see a huge increase in play for this pirate.
- Diana - Passive AP ratio increased from 40% to 50% and Passive damage against monsters changed from 250% to 300%
- Gangplank - Q cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4.5 seconds and Mana cost reduced from 60-40 to 55-35
Champion Nerfs in LoL patch 12.01
Sona has been rocking the meta ever since she was reworked. She is one of the best supports in the game, healing and buffing her allies with ease. So even though her kit is boring and not one of the more popular ones, she is still one of the best in the game.
Rek’Sai has been a queen in the jungle. The fact that she is not more popular is actually a sin. She is one of the best junglers, with an insanely high win rate. Her clear is great and the damage as well. But now it’s time for a nerf.
- Rek'Sai - Her Furious Bite deals less physical damage 55/60/65/70/75 (+85% bonus AD) and her Tunnel cooldown is increased to 26/24/22/20/18 seconds
- Sona - Her base armor growth has been lowered to 3 and her E cooldown was increased to 14 seconds
Item Changes in LoL Patch 12.01
One item is getting buffed in LoL patch 12.01 and that is Force of Nature. To be honest, this item was built so rarely I forgot what it even does. But now it’s getting a buff to help those tanks be a bit more tanky.
- Force of Nature - Stacking buff duration increased from 5 to 7 seconds and Magic damage reduction at max stacks increased from 20% to 25%
Three items are on the nerf list. Are you even surprised to see Eclipse, Immortal Shieldbow and Wits End on the list? Especially Eclipse has been one of the best items in the game and it’s about time we tone it down!
- Eclipse - Cooldown for Melee Champions increased from 6 to 8 seconds
- Immortal Shieldbow - Attack Damage lowered from 55 to 50 and Passive shield strength lowered from 300-800 to 275-650
- Wits End - Magic resist reduced from 50 to 40 and New build path: Hearthbound Axe + Null Magic Mantle + Pickaxe
Teleport Changes in LoL Patch 12.01
One of the biggest changes coming to League of Legends is probably the teleport changes. Here is a full list of what is going to be different once the Teleport update goes live.
- Can no longer target allied minions or wards
- Cooldown changed from 420-210 seconds (based on level) to 360 seconds flat
- No longer grants movement speed after teleporting
- Changes to Unleashed Teleport after 14 minutes
- Same targeting as current Teleport
- Same movement speed as current Teleport
- Cooldown 270 seconds flat
All of these changes will be meta-altering. Top laners will have to play the game completely different from before. Is taking teleport to gain an early advantage even worthwhile anymore? Probably not.
When is LoL Patch 12.01 Releasing?
The patch is going to go live on January 5, 2022. This is the first patch of the new year and ranked should be starting on January 7, 2022 so get ready to play your promotional matches so you know whether you’re hardstuck Gold once again this year!