LoL Patch 13.14 is the biggest League of Legends patch in quite a while! In it, we're getting a new League of Legends champion, a new game mode and the big summer event of 2023. Oh, and some balance changes that have been way overdue, like the Zyra QoL changes.
Now, with so much happening in a single patch, it's time to go over everything we know about LoL Patch 13.14. Let's jump right into the action with the new game mode!
LoL Patch 13.14: New Arena Game Mode
A brand-new game mode is making its way to League of Legends. With these changes we're going to be getting a new experience for any League of Legends player. The game mode will feature multiple arenas in which players will face off against others in 2v2 battles.
- Pick up the right gear to play the new game mode "Arena". Might we suggest the K/DA Logitech gaming mouse?
Items and augments will also be picked up throughout an entire match, similar to Teamfight Tactics, which inspired this game mode. If you're curious about Arena, then make sure to check out some of our articles!
LoL Patch 13.14: Arena Hotfix Nerfs OP Champions
Taric and Heimerdinger were two of the most annoying champions in the new Arena game mode and thankfully both quickly received hotfix nerfs from Riot. They aren't the only champions to receive updates in this game mdoe though.
Arena Game Mode Buffs
Two champions received some buffs since they were extremely weak in the Arena game mode:
- Lux – P Damage Ratio: 20% AP ⇒ 35% AP
- Zoe – P Damage Ratio: 20% AP ⇒ 35% AP
Lux and Zoe will, hopefully, feel a little bit better to have as your duo, with these increased AP ratios. But Riot had a lot more nerfs on the list as well.
Arena Game Mode Nerfs
Seven champions received some nerfs in the LoL Patch 13.14 hotfix. Is anyone surprised about Taric and Heimerdinger? No? Didn't think so. There are some other champions on the list as well though:
- Annie – R Base Damage On-Cast: 150/275/500 ⇒ 125/225/325
- Annie – Tibbers Swipe AP Ratio: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Annie – Tibbers: AD 50/75/100 ⇒ 25/50/75
- Annie – Tibbers Aura Damage: 20/30/40 ⇒ 15/20/25
- Heimerdinger – Q Turret Base Damage: 6/9/12/15/18 ⇒ 4/6/8/10/12
- Heimerdinger – R Turret Base Damage: 70/85/100 ⇒ 50/65/80
- Heimerdinger – -5% Damage Dealt (stacks with the above nerfs)
- Illaoi – Healing Per Tentacle Hit: 4.5% missing health ⇒ 3.5% missing health
- Illaoi – Q Tentacle Bonus Damage: 10/15/20/25/30% ⇒ 5/10/15/20/25%
- Illaoi – E Damage Transfer Base Value: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 25/27.5/30/32.5/35%
- Illaoi – +5% Damage Taken
- Kayle – -10% Damage Dealt
- Kayn – -5% Damage Dealt, +5% Damage Taken
- Shaco – -30 Ability Haste on Q
- Shaco – W Fear Duration: 0.5/0.625/0.75/0.875/1 second ⇒ 0.5 seconds at all ranks
- Taric – P Damage: 25~93 (+15% Armor) ⇒ 22.5~46.5 (+10% Armor)
- Taric – W Bonus Armor: 10/11/12/13/14% ⇒ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7%
- Guinsoo's Rageblade – Base Stats: 30 AD, 30 AP, 40% AS ⇒ 25 AD, 25 AP, 30% AS
System Adjustments For Arena In Hotfix
Not only are champions nerfed and buffed, there are some key changes to systems as well. Rageblade saw a nerf, while a few otehr systems got buffed.
- Crit Damage: 1.75x ⇒ 1.9x
- Dashing (Augment): Ability Haste: 150 ⇒ 200
- Attack Speed: 40 ⇒ 30
- Attack Damage: 30 ⇒ 25
- Ability Power: 30 ⇒ 25
LoL Patch 13.14: General Changes
Riot has made some big changes in the current patch. LoL Patch 13.14 features a multitude of top lane champions, as well as bot laners, along with QoL changes to Zyra and Xerath. Oh, and Trinity Force has received some nerfs as well!
Riot have revealed beforehand, that they will look at ADC and their power spikes, since they seem to be too strong with only one item. We shouldn't forget about Lissandra either, since she has received quite a few buffs and QoL updates that could propel her up the rankings.
Champion Buffs In LoL Patch 13.14
Zyra is finally got her long-awaited updates this patch. The few Zyra mains out there are probably crying in happiness right now, with the champion being in a rather useless state in the current meta.
Play Zyra better than anyone else with this must-have gaming mouse: The Logitech G PRO League of Legends edition.
Along with Zyra, Xerath is also on the receiving end of some updates this patch which could be pretty exciting for any mid lane and support players.
- Q - The Darkin Blade
- Damage: 10/30/50/70/90 (+60/65/70/75/80% AD) >>> 10/25/40/55/70 (+60/70/80/90/100% AD)
- Minion damage increased 55% flat >>> 55-70% (based on levels 1/6/11/16)
- W - Pale Cascade
- Shield: 40/55/70/85/100 (+25% AP) >>> 45/60/75/90/105 (+30% AP)
- Damage per orb AP ratio: 15% >>> 18%
- E - Lunar Rush
- AP ratio: 50% >>> 60%
- Passive - Iceborn Subjugation
- Frozen Thralls no longer stop moving to detonate, follow enemies into brush if they are being chased, and are revealed to enemies through fog of war.
- Q - Ice Shard
- Now slows all targets in a radius instead of just the first target hit
- Missile casts from position post-cast rather than pre-cast
- R - Frozen Tomb
- Minimum heal: 90/140/190 (+25% AP) >>> 100/150/200 (+55% AP)
- AoE damage/slow update cadence: 4 >>> 16 per second
- Logic updated around stopping dashes
These are some nice changes for Lissandra, especially the Q update which is going to really help her out in the laning phase.
Shyana has also received some major buffs in League of Legends patch. Her Q - Twin Bite will now also grant Attack Speed for the following to AA's, which should definitely improve her damage output. We'll see if these changes actually help her return to form.
- Q - Deceive
- bAD ratio: 50% >>> 60%
- Backstab bonus damage: 40% >>> 55%
- R - Hallucinate
- Bugfix: Now propogates Prowler's Claw passive to the clone.
- Q - Twin Bite
- AD ratio: 20/35/50/65/80% >>> 20/40/60/80/100% AD
- Now grants 40/45/50/55/60% bonus Attack Speed for the next 2 attacks
- Cooldown: 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
- E - Flame Breath
- On-hit damage now has a 1% target max HP per 100 bAD ratio
- Passive - Lightning Claws
- The Relentless Storm magic damage AP ratio: 40% >>> 50%
- W - Frenzied Maul
- Heal missing HP ratio: 8/10/12/14/16% >>> 8/11/14/17/20%
- Base Stats
- Mana: 459 >>> 400
- Passive - Mana Surge
- Cooldown: 12 >>> 16 seconds
- Cooldown reduced by 2 seconds per unit killed
- Now triggers on structures
- R - Rite of the Arcane
- Number of casts increased 3/4/5 >>> 4/5/6
- Damage: 200/250/300 (+45% AP) >>> 180/220/280 (+40% AP)
- Damage now increased by 20/25/30 (+5% AP) per champion hit for the rest of the duration
- Passive - Garden of Thorns
- Plant monster damage ratio: 150% >>> 100%
- Now deals 40-100 (based on level) bonus damage against monsters
- Area of effect ability damage to plants: 4 >>> 3
- Ranged auto attack damage to plants: 4 >>> 5
- W - Rampant Growth
- Number of seeds upon first rank: 1 >>> 2
- E - Grasping Roots
- No longer locks out Flash when casting
- R - Stranglethorns
- Now casts at maximum range instead of walking into range
- Missile damage update cadence: 4 >>> 16 per second
Champion Adjustments in LoL Patch 13.14
There is only a single champions that saw adjustments in the current patch and it's pretty much only quality-of-life improvements. But still, let's check out what Riot has planned for the King of the Split-Push!
- Bug fixes to Life Steal interactions
Champion Nerfs in LoL Patch 13.14
Taking a look at the list of champions that received nerfs in LoL Patch 13.14, you'll find a lot of OP picks from the last few patches. Rek'Sai has been one of the most dominant jungle champs, while Jax has been demolishing everyone in solo queue. Riot simply said "This can't go on forever!" and hit them with a few significant nerfs.
- W - Spirit of Dread
- Resistances: 15/20/25/30/35 >>> 10/15/20/25/30
- E - Counter-Strike
- Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 >>> 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds
- R - Grandmaster-At-Arms
- Mana Cost: 50 >>> 100
- Q - Lay Waste
- Damage: 45/62.5/80/97.5/115 >>> 43/61/79/97/115
- Monster damage ratio: 95% >>> 100%
- E - Defile (Passive)
- Mana restored: 15/25/35/45/55 >>> 10/20/30/40/50
- Base Stats
- HP: 580 >>> 610
- Armor: 26 >>> 29
- Q - Dance of Arrows
- Cooldown increased: 8 >>> 9 seconds
- Damage: 50/75/100/125/150 >>> 40/65/90/115/140
- Passive - Fired Up!
- Damage: 25 - 80 >>> 15 - 50 (based on level)
- E - Warm Hugs
- Movement Speed: 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% >>> 12/14/16/18/20%
- Base Stats
- Armor: 39 >>> 36
- Passive - Break the Mold
- Resistances stolen: 3% >>> 2% (max 15% >>> 10%)
- Base Stats
- Base HP Regeneration: 7 >>> 6
- Q - Savagery
- Critical Strike Conversion: 95% >>> 75%
- W - Unburrow (Burrowed)
- Damage: 55/70/85/100/115 >>> 50/65/80/95/110
- E - Furious Bite (Unborrowed)
- Damage: 55/60/65/70/75 (+85% bAD) >>> 5/10/15/20/25 (+70% tAD)
Naafiri Champion Release In LoL Patch 13.14
Naafiri is the newest League of Legends champion that was added to the game. She is an easy to play assassin, who will make the players focus on their positioning, rather than pulling off high-skilled combos.
Naafiri's kit is pretty interesting and has many players excited for her so let's quickly go over her abilities so you know what you can look forward to as well.
Naafiri Abilities Upon Release
|Passive - We Are More||Naafiri spawns Packmates that attack the targets of her attacks and abilities.|
|Q - Darkin Daggers||Naafiri hurls up to two daggers, each inflicting bleed, or each inflicting bonus damage if the target is already bleeding.|
Packmates leap to attack champions hit by this skill.
|W - Hounds’ Pursuit||Naafiri and her Packmates dash at an enemy, colliding with the first champion hit and dealing damage.|
|E - Eviscerate||Naafiri dashes and damages enemies in an area, recalling and healing her Packmates to full.|
|R - The Call of the Pack||Naafiri empowers her pack and spawns additional Packmates, gaining a burst of speed and vision and a shield when she attacks a champion.|
On first champion takedown, all effects are refreshed.
These are her abilities in League of Legends and for anyone wanting to play her in a 2v2, then don't worry she is available in the Arena mode right upon her release as well.
LoL Patch 13.14 Hotfix: Naafiri Adjustments
Naafiri has received some adjustments to tone her down. She had pretty high win rates, especially in low and mid range elos, so Riot is nerfing her slightly, so she doesn't become too OP.
- Movement Speed: 340 >>> 335
Q - Darkin Daggers
- Bleed: 30/65/100/438/175 + 80% bonus AD >>> 30/60/0/120/150 + 80% bonus AD
- Damage to Minions: 70% >>> 60%
E - Eviscerate
- Passthrough Damage: 35/55/75/95/115 + 70% bonus AD >>> 35/50/65/80/95 + 60% bonus AD
- Explosion Damage: 95/105/145/485/225 + 100% bonus AD >>> 65/100/135/170/205 + 90% bonus AD
R - Call of the Pack
- AD Boost: 10/20/30 (+15/20/25%) >>> 5/15/25 (+8/16/24%)
System Adjustments In League of Legends Patch 13.14
We also got some system adjustments. Riot have already revealed beforehand that they're looking to nerf Trinity Force, but a few other systems were also being adjusted in this patch.
- Duration: 10s >>>14s
- Takedowns no longer extend duration
- Base AD per stack: 4% >>> 6%
- Number of stacks: 5 >>>3
- Crit Damage: 35% >>> 45%
- Attack Damage: 70 >>> 65
- True Damage: 10 - 78 (based on level, linear) >>> 10 (levels 1-5) (then +5 per level) (75 at level 18)
- Slow for melee: 10/15/20% (based on levels 1/6/11) >>> 5/10/15/20% (based on levels 1/6/11/16)
- Ability Haste: 10 flat >>> 5 - 20 (based on level 1/6/11/16)
System Nerfs in League of Legends Patch 13.14
Galeforce has been the go-to pick for several bot laners like Jhin and Nilah. Riot deems it a bit too strong in its current form, especially because of its active ability, which has seen its cooldown raised.
- Active - Cloudburst: Cooldown 90s >>>120s
System Buffs in League of Legends Patch 13.14
Lastly, let's take a look at the items and systems that have been buffed this patch. There is something for everyone pretty much, some Assassin and Marksman items as well as Bruiser items being improved.
- Passive - Flux: Cooldown refund 20% >>> 5% (+40% Lethality)
- Lethality: 15 >>> 18
- Passive - Critical Resilience: Crit strike damage reduction 20% >>> 25%
Spear of Shojin
- Cost: 3100 >>> 3000
- HP: 400 >>> 450
- Magic Resistance: 50 >>> 60
- Cost: 3100 >>> 3000
- HP: 400 >>> 450
New Mythic Shop Rotation In LoL Patch 13.14
This Patch we are also going to be getting some new skins in the mythic shop. While Qiyana has been a good addition, we must say goodbye to her and add in new champions. This is the list of champions that were added to the mythic shop in LoL Patch 13.14:
- Valiant Sword Riven: 150 ME
- Lunar Beast Fiora: 125 ME
- Star Guardian Soraka: 125 ME
- Nightbringer Lee Sin: 150 ME
Along with these skins we're also going to be getting a new mythic chroma which will cost 40 ME.
- Dunkmaster Darius Mythic Chroma
- Final Boss Veigar
LoL Skins In Patch 13.14
Star Guardian Skins
While Orianna and Seraphine already received their skins in the previous patch, the next skin ported over from Wild Rift is going to be none other than Senna. She will be released in LoL Patch 13.14 along with half the Soul Fighter skins which are going to be a part of the big summer event this year.
- Star Guardian Senna
With this skin only the Redeemed Star Guardian Rakan and Xayah skins are missing, but they will be ported over later this year. Riot have stated previously that legendary skins will take longer to port over.
Soul Fighter Skins
Riot is introducing a brand-new skin line this year for the big summer event. Along with these skins we're also going to be getting a new battle pass, a fun little metagame in which we can play an actual type of fighting game against Soul Fighter champions and much more.
But now the most important part, who is getting new skins? Well, in LoL Patch 13.14, we are getting six new skins.
- Soul Fighter Samira
- Soul Fighter Lux
- Soul Fighter Sett
- Soul Fighter Naafiri
- Soul Fighter Pyke
- Soul Fighter Pyke Prestige Edition
Samira is going to be getting the first ultimate skin in a long time, while Pyke is getting a prestige skin. There are six more Soul Fighter skins which will be released with LoL Patch 13.15.
If you're curious about the upcoming patch, check all the changes already revealed right here:
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.