The most important patch of the year is here: This is the patch the World Championship will be played on! While it will also feature fancy skins to honor the Día de los Muertos, we can safely say that the hype is definitely not dying down anytime soon!
What can we look out for with LoL Patch 13.19? Mexican League of Legends players will be delighted to see a new skin line make its debut – get ready for the La Ilusión skins! Apart from that, a huge balance outlier will finally be reeled back in while the Worlds 2023 meta will see some additional variety.
LoL Patch 13.19: Buffs and Nerfs
Worlds 2023 will be played on this patch! This means that we get another set of balance changes for pro play before Riot returns to balance the game only for Ranked.
- Q – Conquering Sands
- Cooldown: 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds >>> 14/12/10/8/6 seconds
Seems like Briar's debut went really smooth! With players adapting to her unique playstyle, it is only natural that her stats improve drastically. She turned out to be too strong, so a little bit of power will be pulled back. Don't be deceived by the length of Briar's changes: most of her changes are Quality of Life updates.
- Base Stats
- Attack Speed Growth per Level: 2.5% >>> 2.3%
- Q – Head Rush
- Now properly counts as an attack reset for interactions like Hail of Blades
- W – Blood Frenzy
- Added a Fury bar to display the remaining duration of Briar's frenzy
- Tooltip now clarifies that casting W does not remove or replace Hematomania from Briar's R
- Snack Attack (W2) Healing: 35/42.5/50/57.5/65% >>> 36/42/48/54/60% of damage dealt
- Snack Attack Increased Minion and Monster damage: 20% >>> 10%
- Snack Attack Maximum Missing Health Minion and Monster damage: 500 >>> 400
- Bug Fix: Missing Health damage can no longer crit
- Note: Still displayed as cosmetic crit, which is in line with other execute effects
- Added minimum cooldown after casting Snack Attack to prevent double casts with high haste builds
- E – Chilling Scream
- Bug Fix: Enemies will now get stunned on player-generated terrain (Anivia's Wall, Trundle's Pillar) as intended
- R – Certain Death
- Pinging R will now declare enemies in range
- Bug fix: Briar will no longer become stuck attacking the wrong targets if her target died during cast time
- Briar is now properly tagged as a Noxian champion for challenges
- updated recommendations for items and runes
Ready for another essay? LeBlanc has recently emerged as a splitpushing top laner, and her high mobility combined with the sheer damage output of an AD build and Hullbreaker's durability made her extremely annoying to deal with.
Riot will now try to reel her back in while giving AP LeBlanc more time to shine. Thanks to early mana options like Lost Chapter, mage LeBlanc shouldn't suffer too much from the smaller mana pool, while some improved AP ratios should help balance out her loss of AD.
Note that the attack speed changes will only result in a nerf if you opt into additional attack speed through runes and items. The current changes should result in roughly the same attack speed value from base stats and levels as before.
- Base Stats
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.625 >>> 0.4
- Attack Speed Growth per level: 1.4% >>> 2.2%
- Attack Damage Growth per level: 3.5 >>> 2.7
- Mana Growth per level: 55 >>> 25
- Mana Regen Growth per level: 1 >>> 0.8
- W – Distortion
- AP Ratio: 60% >>> 65%
- E – Ethereal Chains
- Initial Hit AP Ratio: 30% >>> 35%
- P – Fury of the Xer'Sai
- Heal: 15-125 + 2-12% max Health (based on level) >>> 10 + 2-10% max Health (based on level)
- Unburrowed Q – Queen's Wrath
- Bonus Physical Damage: 34/38/42/46/50% AD >>> 30/35/40/45/50% AD
- Unburrowed W – Burrow
- Bonus Move Speed upon burrowing: 15/20/25/30 (level 1/6/11/16) >>> 5/10/15 (level 1/6/11)
- Burrowed W – Unburrow
- Physical Damage: 50/65/80/95/110 >>> 50/85/120/155/190
This nerf is targeted at Renekton's mid lane capabilities. While a nerf due to his pro play presence in top lane would also be justified, he is an even bigger issue in elite-level Ranked games. However, this nerf also makes him more vulnerable to champions like Rumble and Mordekaiser and any tanks that deal predominantly magic damage.
- Base Stats
- Magic Resist: 32 >>> 28
The five move speed nerf is usually seen as a meme among the League community. However, do not be deceived: her bonus move speed from her R – Lightning Crash now scales worse, which results in a much slower Zeri during her time to shine.
- Base Stats
- Move Speed: 335 >>> 330
There are a few champions on the buff list this time around, many champions that we will likely be seeing at the 2023 League of Legends World Championship.
- R – Hero's Entrance
- Cooldown: 200/180/160 seconds >>> 180/160/140 seconds
- R – Cannon Barrage
- Cooldown: 180/160/140 seconds >>> 170/150/130 seconds
- Death's Daughter slow: 60% >>> 75%
- Raise Morale bonus move speed for allies: 30% >>> 40%
- Tool tip will be updated on patch 13.20!
- R – Curtain Call
- Base Physical Damage: 50/125/200 >>> 64/154/244
Would this really be a Worlds patch without Lee Sin? He gets a lot more sustain in the early game but has to compromise for it by dropping some of the base damage on his E. This is a precautionary measure so that the monk doesn't take over the sololanes again.
- Base Stats
- Base Armor: 34 >>> 36
- W – Safe Guard/Iron Will
- Iron Will Lifesteal and Spell Vamp: 5/11.25/16.5/21.75/27% >>> 10/14/18/22/26%
- E – Tempest/Cripple
- Tempest Base Damage: 35/65/95/125/155 >>> 35/60/85/110/135
- W – Ring of Frost
- Root Duration: 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds >>> 1.25/1.35/1.45/1.55/1.65 seconds
- E – Snowball Barrage
- AP Ratio per snowball: 10% >>> 15%
- Total AP Ratio: 90% >>> 135%
- Base Stats
- Health Growth per level: 104 >>> 110
- W – Ghostwater Dive
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds >>> 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
- Q – Dark Sphere
- Base Damage: 70/105/140/175/210 >>> 75/110/145/180/215
- R – Spray and Pray!
- Missile speed: 4000 >>> 5000
System Changes In LoL Patch 13.19
- Cost: 3000 >>> 2700
- Armor: 15 >>> 20
Yes, Statikk Shiv again.
- Electroshock Minion damage: 200 >>> 150
Behavioral Systems Changes In LoL PBE Patch 13.19
From this patch onwards, Riot Games will be restricting rulebreakers from playing Ranked games. That means that a penalty is no longer ignored by simply switching accounts for two weeks, and instead existing accounts will have to be cleared through in-game time.
During those games, you have to prove that you have improved your in-game and chat behavior. For the moment, this is limited at five games of any non-ranked mode. That includes Blind Pick, Draft Pick, ARAM and any Rotating Game Mode.
Additionally, Riot is updating smart pings. This has been a feature abused by toxic players and worked extremely well in harassing teammates and avoiding punishments.
Riot is now changing those pings to a less annoying iteration, which causes the pings to only be displayed to yourself. This means that you can no longer harass a teammate, but you can still check for how long their ultimate is still on cooldown.
These pings have been changed to self-displayed only:
- Ally – Alive
- Ally Summoner Timers
- Ally R Timer
- Ally Items
LoL PBE Patch 13.19: New La Ilusión Skins
As always, there are several new skins announced for Patch 13.19. This time, Riot wants to pay tribute to the Mexican culture by honoring the 'Día de Los Muertos', which is celebrated in Mexico on November 2. The La Ilusión skin line is going to release a little earlier: you can get your hands on them on September 27. Check your local patch notes for the exact release time!
The following skins will be released on Patch 13.19:
- La Ilusión Draven
- La Ilusión Gnar
- La Ilusión Nidalee
- La Ilusión Qiyana
- La Ilusión Renata Glasc
- La Ilusión Ziggs
- Prestige La Ilusión Renata Glasc
All normal La Ilusión skins will have the Epic Tier rank and cost 1350 RP in the shop, while Prestige La Ilusión Renata Glasc will be available for 100 Mythic Essence. Spare some money and be patient, because you clearly don't want to miss out on this intriguing skin line.
These are all changes currently being tested on the League of Legends PBE, but there is certainly more to come! Make sure to check back in a few days!
For more LoL related content, read:
- LoL: New La Ilusión Skins - Everything You Need To Know
- LoL: Riot Reveal When Arena Will Be Returning