There are a few very unique changes on live servers now.
LoL Patch 13.9 Notes: Neeko Mid-Scope Update & All Buffs, Nerfs On Live Servers
The 2023 Mid-Season Invitational is underway and with the start of the first big international comeptition of the year we're also getting a brand-new patch, as well as MSI-themed skins.
Of course, skins aren't the only new thing in LoL Patch 13.9, but there are some balance changes as well. Of course, these updates are rather small, since LoL Patch 13.10 is looking to be one hell of a patch with multiple changes already. But we're going to check out the current League of Legends Patch and all the updates Riot has prepared for us.
LoL Patch 13.9: Balance Changes
All Champion Buffs
Five champions will be getting buffed in the upcoming League of Legends patch. Some of these champions are in desperate need of some help, due to how weak they've been in recent times.
- Q - Death's Hand
- Magic Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+38% AP) ⇒ 65/85/105/125/145 (+40% AP)
- Bonus Damage per Bolt: 12/22/32/42/52 (+8% AP) ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55 (+10 % AP)
- Maximum Magic Damage: 108/168/228/288/348 (+70% AP) ⇒ 125/185/245/305/365 (+80% AP)
- P - Deathbringer Stance
- Bonus Physical Damage: 4-10% (based on level) of target's maximum health ⇒ 4-12% (based on level) of target's maximum health
- R - World Ender
- Bonus Movement Speed: 50/65/80% ⇒ 60/80/100%
- W - Frenzied Maul
- Physical Damage: 5/30/55/80/105 (+100% AD) (+ 5% bonus health) ⇒ 5/30/55/80/105 (+100% AD) (+ 6% bonus health)
- Heal Ratio Based on Missing Health: 7/8.5/10/11.5/13% ⇒ 8/10/12/14/16%
- W - Despair
- Flat Magic Damage per Seconds: 12/16/20/24/28 ⇒ 20 at all ranks
- Percent Health Magic Damage per Second: 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6% ⇒ 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2%
- Base Stats
- Base Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.67
- Base Mana: 281 ⇒ 340
All Champion Nerfs
Who has been way too OP in recent times? Well, in the bot lane one champion has been dominating the meta and in the top lane TheBausffs fave pick has also been quite popular with other players so they're both getting nerfed.
- Base Stats
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.4 ⇒ 3.15
- P - Glory in Death
- Health Decay: 2-19 (1 health per level) ⇒ 2.3-24.4 (1.3 per level)
Not only is Neeko getting her Mid-Scope Update in LoL Patch 13.9, but a few more champions are getting some adjustments as well.
- R - Weaver's Wall
- Cast Lockout: whenever Taliyah takes or deals damage ⇒ whenever Taliyah takes damage
- Base Stats
- Attack Damage Growth: 1.7 ⇒ 1.5
- Q - Void Surge
- Monster Damage Modification: 120% ⇒ 140%
LoL Patch 13.9 Notes: Neeko Mid-Scope Update
Neeko is going to finally get her mid-scope update in this patch. It's been ages since it was announced and months since we got the last tidbit of information, which was back in January when some gameplay from the play tests was revealed by Riot.
- Want to know more about Neeko and the world of Runeterra? Then make sure to pick up Realms of Runeterra!
So let's go over Neeko's Mid-Scope and how her abilities have updated and changed.
Neeko Mid-Scope Update Ability Changes
P – Inherent Glamour
- Neeko Get Sho'Ma!: When Neeko is near a non-epic monster, minion, trap, ward, or plant for two seconds she stores their Sho'Ma. Neeko can click on her bar to become that unit. Click on Neeko's face to return to Neeko. Click on the little “X” to clear out Neeko's current Sho'Ma. Only one unit can be stored at a time.
- Neeko Disguise is Durable!: Disguise no longer breaks on taking damage, only when the disguised self would have died or when you are crowd controlled.
- [REMOVED] Neeko for Speedo: Neeko no longer inherits base attack speed/move speed from disguised target if that stat is higher than hers.
- Cooldown: 25-10 seconds (based on level) ⇒ 2 seconds
Q – Blooming Burst
- Secondary/Tertiary Pop Damage: 40/65/90/115/140 (+20% AP) ⇒ 35/60/85/110/135 (+25% AP)
- Area of Effect Size: 225 ⇒ 250 (Note: Max range E snares should always be hittable with Q now)
- [NEW] Jungle Tomato: Q now deals 30/40/50/60/70 bonus damage to monsters
- [NEW] Better Blooms: Casting Q beyond its maximum range will now cast the ability at maximum range instead of having Neeko walk into position to throw it.
W – Shapesplitter
- [NEW] Neeko Move Neeko: After casting Neeko can reactivate to send the clone to a new location
- [NEW] Neeko Funny!: Clone now plays animations and sounds of Q/E/Dance/Joke/Taunt/Recall/Laugh and survives for their duration
- Neeko Jungle!: Empowered Attacks deal 50 bonus damage to monsters
- Neeko is Become One: Neeko's clone spawns 100 units in front of her ⇒ Neeko's clone spawns directly on top of her
E – Tangle Barbs
- Magic Damage: 80/115/150/185/220 (+60% AP) ⇒ 70/105/140/175/210 (+65% AP)
R – Pop Blossom
- Adjusted Ultimate: After channeling for 1.25 seconds, Neeko jumps into the air, knocking up all nearby enemies for 0.6 seconds. Neeko then crashes to the ground with all knocked up enemies, dealing magic damage to them and stunning them for 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown: 90 seconds ⇒ 120/105/90 seconds
- Magic Damage: 200/425/650 (+130% AP) ⇒ 150/350/550 (+100% AP)
- [REMOVED] Neeko Need No Shield!: Neeko no longer gains a shield when channeling her R
Neeko is now able to turn into anything and everything on the rift... well almost. Sadly she cannot pretend to be the baron or elder drake, but she can scuttle around as a minion or confuse the enemy jungler as a scuttle crab. Anything is possible and while it sounds fun on paper, this ability will be very obnoxious to play against.
Not only is Riot updating her passive, but she will also have some bonus damage to monsters in some of her abilities, meaning that she can be played in the jungle as well as the mid lane, giving her more versatility on the rift, something a Mid-Scope Update tries to do for champions.
Riot Makes Kayle Adjustments in LoL Patch 13.9
Riot has been making some changes and adjustments to Kayle to see where they can improve her kit. These are the adjustments Riot released onto live servers:
E - Starfire Spellblade
- On-Hit AP Ratio: 25% AP ⇒ 20% AP
- Passive (Divine Ascent) Wave Damage: 15/20/25/30/35 (based on E rank) ⇒ 20-41 (based on champion level, levels 11-18)
R - Divine Judgement
- Cast Time: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 0.5 seconds
- Area of Effect Radius: 525 ⇒ 675/675/775
- [REMOVED] Ascending: Kayle no longer lowers her range when casting ult on herself
- Invulnerability Duration: 2/2.5/3 ⇒ 2.5
- Time Delay until Sword Falls: 1.5 ⇒ 2.5
- Magic Damage: 200/350/500 (+100% bonus AD)(+80% AP) ⇒ 200/300/400 (+100% bonus AD)(+70% AP)
System Adjustments in LoL Patch 13.9
Lich Bane is going to be getting some buffs in the upcoming League of Legends patch with its AP increasing from 75 to 85.
ARAM Balance Adjustments
ARAM is also getting some balance changes with a bunch of buffs and nerfs in the game mode.
- Akali: 110% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Ornn: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Qiyana: 115% Damage Dealt ⇒ 110% Damage Dealt
- Veigar: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken, 95% Damage Dealt ⇒ 90% Damage Dealt
- Corki: 95% Damage Taken ⇒ 90% Damage Taken
- Ezreal: 95% Damage Dealt ⇒ 100% Damage Dealt
- Karma: 100% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Tristana: 100% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Zilean: 95% Damage Taken ⇒ 90% Damage Taken
LoL Patch 13.9 Adds More Reporting Methods
Not only is Riot adding more emotes and making balance changes, we're also going to get in-game reporting, as well as other ways to have a good time playing League of Legends without consistent toxicity. These are mostly UI updates, but they're still good to have.
Players will now be able to find mute options on a new panel that can be accessed through the scoreboard, just under the added report button, as well as added another UI for players to find the mute all and self-mute options next to their champion portrait.
Riot Adds More Emotes to Emote Wheel
Riot has also added more emotes to the emote wheel. Instead of the usual 5 emotes, we've now got nine emotes at our disposal. Riot has also made some adjustments to the reaction emotes which are now in a different tab where you can customize them.
This is thanks to the removal of 32-bit support, which now enables the customization team to improve the overall quality of emotes. Riot will also add a search function so players are able to find the emotes they're looking for.
MSI 2023 & Inkshadow Event
Of course, as usual with a big esports event, we're going to be getting an in-client event. These events have felt like quite a grind though lately, with each event nerfing the amount of experience gained per mission completed, so we hope Riot does buff them again so they feel less of a grind.
This event will feature the Inkshadow skins, in celebration of MSI 2023. Yasuo is going to be the prestige skin that players can pick up if they manage to amass 2,000 tokens during the event. There are also going to be event chromas and other cosmetics available.
Inkshadow Skins in LoL Patch 13.9
As just mentioned, there will be some new skins as well. Riot is introducing a brand-new skin line with this patch, the Inkshadow skins. These skins bring together calligraphy and futuristic vibes all in one and look incredible. Master Yi will receive his second legendary skin and Yasuo his second prestige.
- Inkshadow Udyr
- Inkshadow Volibear
- Inkshadow Aurelion Sol
- Inkshadow Kai'Sa
- Inkshadow Yone
- Inkshadow Master Yi
- Inkshadow Yasuo
- Inkshadow Yasuo Prestige Edition
This is everything that has gone live in LoL Patch 13.9. This is a small patch in comparison to the next League of Legends patch, but there are some fun changes in there, with some new ways to report players as well which is good to see.
This is also the first patch in a while that isn't focusing on the pro-meta, but it's also the LoL patch which will prepare us for the millions of changes in the upcoming League of Legends meta.
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.