League of Legends Patch 12.4 has been released and finally we get to test out Renata Glasc on the live server! Will you be playing her as the ultimate damage carry, or an anti-carry like she was intended?
Of course, Renata Glasc joining the cast of over 155 champions isn’t the only thing new in this patch. Riot will also try to tackle the enchanters in the top lane problem, as well as nerf Zeri to hell and back. Let’s jump into the highlights of LoL Patch 12.4
Renata Glasc Revealed in LoL patch 12.4
Let’s start off with the best news of this patch! Renata Glasc has made her way onto the rift, and she is everything an anti-carry is supposed to be. Finally, we have a unique hook ability, an interesting new way to CC opponents and our basic shielding spell.
So, let’s quickly go over all of her abilities so we’re ready for her when we finally boot up the LoL Server!
- Passive - Leverage: Renata Glasc’s basic attacks mark her enemies and deal bonus damage. Damage from Renata’s allies consumes the mark, dealing additional damage.
- Q - Handshake: Renata Glasc sends out a missile from her robotic arm that roots the first enemy hit. She can reactivate the ability to throw the enemy in a target direction, damaging enemies hit and stunning them if the thrown target is a champion.
- W - Bailout: Renata Glasc grants an allied champion or herself ramping Attack Speed and Move Speed toward enemies. If the ally gets a takedown on an enemy champion, the buff duration resets. If the ally would die while Bailout is still active, their health is set back to full but they begin burning to death over 3 seconds. The ally can stop the burn by getting a champion takedown before they die.
- E - Loyalty Program: Renata Glasc sends out chemtech rockets that shield allies and damage and slow enemies they pass through. The rockets also apply their effects around her on cast and in an explosion at max range.
- R - Hostile Takeover: Renata Glasc sends out a cloud of chemicals that causes enemies to go Berserk, increasing their Attack Speed and forcing them to basic attack anything around them. Berserk enemies prioritize attacking their own allies, then neutral units, then Renata Glasc's team, then Renata Glasc herself.
Support Item Changes for Top Lane Enchanter Meta in Patch 12.4
Janna, Karma, hell even Taric, have been a menace in the top lane. While Riot has already nerfed Janna, she wasn’t the only concern for top laners and junglers. No, the whole enchanter meta in the top lane has been pretty awful for anyone trying to have a decent game in the top lane these days.
Are the following changes enough, though, or is Riot just putting a band-aid over a huge gash? There will be more changes heading our way to ensure that this won’t happen again. Riot seems pretty against the Janna top meta.
- Gold Value Bounties: Gold value bounties (a.k.a. CS bounties) are now based on the number of support gold income items on each team, rather than assuming each team has one support gold income item
- Objective Bounties: Enemy gold leads are now significantly less likely to lead to Objective Bounties activating if there are two or more support gold income items on your team
- Tribute/Spoils of War (Passive) - Minion Farming Penalty: Receive diminishing gold from excessive (4 minions per minute) ⇒ (2 minions per minute until 5 minutes; 4 minions per minute thereafter) minion kills. This diminished gold penalty is now also more severe during the first 5 minutes of the game. (All else unchanged)
Zeri Nerfs in LoL Patch 12.4
Zeri, Riot's newest ADC, has been pretty strong since her debut. She was quickly bug fixed in her debut patch, received a nerf last patch and now Riot is tackling well… everything in her kit. It’s probably if we just list all the changes coming to her kit right now, eh?
- Uncharged Basic Attack
- Magic Damage: 15-40 (levels 1-18) (+4% AP) ⇒ 10-25 (levels 1-18) (+3% AP)
- Damage Increase: 300% ⇒ 500% against enemies below 35% health
- Charged Basic Attack
- Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 14/23/32/41/50% (based on Q rank)
- SLow Duration: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1 second
- Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 14/23/32/41/50% (based on Q rank)
- Q - Burst Fire
- Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+110% AD) ⇒ 9/13/17/21/25 (+110% AD)
- Burstier Burst: Burst Fire's critical strikes now also multiply its base damage (in addition to its AD ratio)
- Excess Attack Speed to AD Conversion: 50% ⇒ 60%
- W - Ultrashock Laser
- Slow: 50/55/60/65/70% ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70%
- Cooldown: 10 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
- E - Spark Surge
- Cooldown: 23/21.5/20/19.5/17 seconds ⇒ 23/22/21/20/19 seconds
- Cooldown Reduction: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1 second per champion hit with charged basic attacks or abilities
- R - Lightning Crash
- Bonus Attack Speed: 30/35/40% ⇒ 30% at all ranks
What Skins Were Released in LoL Patch 12.4?
Three champions have received new Shockblade skins. This means that Zed finally has friends in this alternate universe, his old buddy Shen joining him and it seems like in this AU the two are even friends!
- Shockblade Shen
- Shockblade Qiyana
- Shockblade Kassadin
The Shockblade skins are not the only skins released in this patch as well, though. Three more skins are also on the list. Renata will be getting her first skin as well as part of the Steel Valkyries skin line with the Admiral Glasc skin.
Firelight Ekko will also be released in Patch 12.4. The skin was supposed to be released in Patch 12.1, but was pushed back to improve it and make it worth the 1350 RP Riot was going to charge for it.
Finally, we get a new Prestige Skin, which to be honest, I thought was going to be released back in Patch 12.2, but I guess I messed up… Brave Phoenix Xayah Prestige Edition should be available this patch as well.
Those are the biggest highlights of LoL Patch 12.4. For a rundown of all champion changes, check out our Patch 12.4 buffs and nerfs article. Oh, and if you’re wondering how to play Renata Glasc, don’t forget to check out our Champion Build Guide.