Nami and TF is getting a new look!
Nami and Twisted Fate VFX Update Coming in Patch 12.10
Throughout the 2022 season Riot has made quite a few strides to continuously improve their champions, whether that is visually or by updating their kits. Things like Mid-Scope Updates, as well as CGUs and VGUs are a constant in the game. But some older champions only need small changes.
That is where these small VFX updates come into play for Riot Games. With these updates, the Riot team is able to clean up some of the ability visual effects, as well as make them cleaner. For champions like Vel'Koz they even managed to make his hitboxes clearer and better.
What is Riot Changing For Nami and Twisted Fate?
Both champions are pretty old and while Twisted Fate is in dire need of some reworked visuals, Nami also looks a bit clunky at times. The VFX team will clean up both champions, especially the older base skins and older skins, while also making sure new skins keep looking fresh.
We already touched upon the skins that Riot is going to clean up, so let's go over exactly which skins they're working on for both champions. On Reddit, Riot Zhanos explained that her newer skins will likely not get any changes, while our main man Twisted Fate is getting more improvements.
Nami Skin Updates
These are all the skins that Riot is going to work on and what they are looking to update:
- Base: Complete overhaul
- Koi Nami: Recolor and custom elements from new base
- River Spirit Nami: Recolor and custom elements from new base
- Urf the Nami-tee: Same than base
- Deep Sea Nami: Adjustments mirroring new base
- SKT T1 Nami: Adjustments mirroring new base
- Program Nami: Minor changes
- Splendid Staff Nami: No changes
- Cosmic Destiny Nami: No changes
- Bewitching Nami: No changes
So her new skins like the Bewitching skin from last year won't be getting updated. But she will have some more custom elements and truly stand out even if you don't have a skin for her.
Twisted Fate Skin Updates
Twisted Fate is older and therefore has more skins, as well as some more changes that Riot will be working on. His whole base skin is being overhauled, which means older skins like Magnificent Twisted Fate will also be updated completely.
- Base: Complete overhaul
- PAX Twisted Fate: Same as base
- Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate: Same as base
- The Magnificent Twisted Fate: Complete Overhaul
- Tango Twisted Fate: Same as base
- High Noon Twisted Fate: Complete overhaul
- Musketeer Twisted Fate: Same as base
- Underworld Twisted Fate: Complete overhaul
- Red Card Twisted Fate: Same as base
- Cutpurse Twisted Fate: Mirror new base
- Blood Moon Twisted Fate: Mirror new base
- Pulsefire Twisted Fate: Minor changes mirroring new base
- Odyssey Twisted Fate: Minor changes mirroring new base
- Crime City Twisted Fate: Minor changes mirroring new base
With the base skin getting completely overhauled, every single Twisted Fate skin will be getting some tweaks to fit the new textures and effects. Hopefully he looks a bit better than he does.
Best Darius Skins to win with
Best Darius Skins to win withView Gallery
When Will the VFX Changes Go Live?
These changes will hit the rift in League of Legends Patch 12.10. You won't have to wait long then, right? Along with Patch 12.10 we will also be getting more High Noon skins, as well as a whole durability update. But the biggest question remains... where is Bel'Veth?