The current League of Legends season has ended. Riot is releasing a new victorious skin and the preseason is finally going to hit live servers. Get ready for a boat load of changes this patch.
LoL Patch 12.22 is locked and loaded and we're going to be getting some brand-new items, dragons, jungle pets and much, much more. What was your opinion on Season 12? Did you finish at the rank you wanted this year?
LoL Champion Buffs and Nerfs in Patch 12.22
New Classifications for Champions
There are a few changes for certain champions in this patch. One of those is to Rakan who will now be classified as a melee champion. Did you even know this guy was supposed to be a ranged champion before?
Lillia is also receiving some changes. She, too, will be considered melee from now on, but Riot is adding a few more changes to her kit:
- Base Health: 625 --> 605
- Health Growth: 104 --> 105
Lillia's changes are considered buffs by Riot. She will be squishier at first but then scale better as she gains levels. Overall, not a bad trade if you ask me.
Buffs For Two Champions
Two champions have received slight buffs in LoL Patch 12.22. These changes will be made for jungle champions due to the changes to smite in the preseason. These buffs are supposed to keep both champions competitive.
Cho'Gath Feast (R)
- Base damage to non-champs:: 1000 >>> 1200
Nunu & Willump Consume (Q)
- Damage to non-champs: 340-980 >>> 400-1200
End of Season 12: Victorious Sejuani Revealed
Season 12 came to an end on November 14 at 11:59 PM local server time. Now, you won't be able to play any more ranked games for the rest of 2022 and you will have to live with the rank you received throughout the split. If you managed to make it to Gold or above you're going to get a few extra goodies as well.
Can we get a Heimerdinger skin for 2023?
Ranked Season 12 Rewards
- Iron: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Bronze: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Silver: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Gold: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Victorious skin, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Platinum: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Victorious skin, Victorious chroma, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Diamond: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Victorious skin, Victorious chroma, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Master: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Victorious skin, Victorious chroma, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Grandmaster: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Victorious skin, Victorious chroma, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
- Challenger: Ranked icon, Ranked profile banner trim, Ranked border, Victorious skin, Victorious chroma, Champion Series 1 Permanent Eternals
Need some new headphones? Check out the Logitech G Pro X
ARAM Changes on LoL PBE 12.22 Server
We are also going to be getting some big changes to a few classes in ARAM this patch. Riot has outlined which champions will receive some buffs, while one champion is receiving pretty heft nerfs.
- Plus 20% bonus Energy Regen on ARAM: Akali, Kennen, Lee Sin, and Zed.
- Plus 20% Tenacity on ARAM: Akali, Ekko, Elise, Evelynn, Fizz, Kassadin, Katarina, Kayn, Kha’Zix, LeBlanc, Pyke, Qiyana, Rek’Sai, Rengar, Talon, and Zed.
- Removing 20 Ability Haste on Ashe
Riot Introducing New Surrender System in LoL Patch 12.22
If you have a teammate going AFK in your game, then the new surrender vote is going to be something to cheer about. Instead of being stuck in an unwinnable game for 10 whole minutes you'll be able to early surrender much, much sooner going forward.
- No More Dead Zone: Teams have the option to call a unanimous early surrender vote if an AFK player is detected on their team between 10:00 and 15:00 ⇒ 3:30 and 15:00
Champion Select Anonymity Revealed
Riot is introducing a new feature in this preseason in which lets players stay completely anonymous until the game starts. This means that third party apps won't be able to get data on your teammates ahead of time. Riot will be implementing their own loadout for champions, so players don't need to use Blitz.gg or porofessor anymore, but that won't ship with LoL Patch 12.22.
LoL PBE Patch 12.22 | Preseason 2023
The League of Legends Preseason is also going to kick off in LoL Patch 12.22. This means that you're going to be able to test out all the new things Riot has planned for Season 13 of League of Legends. A brand-new (?) dragon will be flying over Summoner's Rift and we're getting a multitude of new items.
Of course, that won't be all, since we're also getting some major quality of life updates, and better ways to communicate with our teammates. Voice chat still isn't something Riot seems to consider adding to the game just yet, but at least a few more pings, and communication votes will help.
If you're curious about all the details check out our dedicated preseason 2023 articles:
- LoL Preseason 2023 Changes | Jungle Pets, Chemtech Drake, Items & More
- Preseason 2023: All New, Updated & Old Returning Items
- LoL Preseason 2023: XP and Gold Changes Coming to the Game
With some of these changes though we did have to ask ourselves whether Riot is starting to make League of Legends a little too easy, right? New jungle timers, jungle path suggestions and much more seems like something players in higher elos won't need, right?
New Space Groove Skins Revealed on LoL PBE 12.22 Server
We are also getting a whole lot of new skins. Eight skins in total will make an appearance in this upcoming patch. Lissandra looks like a legitimate lava lamp in the Space Groove universe and we're here for it, but we're getting a bunch more insanely cool skins as well.
- Space Groove Gragas
- Space Groove Ornn
- Space Groove Taric
- Space Groove Lissandra
- Space Groove Twisted Fate
- Space Groove Nami
- Space Groove Nami Prestige Edition
- Space Groove Teemo
Teemo will be receiving a legendary skin, which means it'll be more expensive than the rest of the skins, but if we're honest this concept works so well with the adorable little Yordle. This will be Teemo's second skin in 2022, while champions like Zilean are still waiting for their skin...