The preseason has just begun and it's been insane. This patch is a long one so settle in, because it's time to get your reading glasses out. There are a lot of changes in this League of Legends patch once more.
If you're a Zeri fan, then you've been suffering these last few months. But don't worry Riot is going to give her some buffs and changes to try and make her playable in solo queue without being too overbearing in pro play either.
LoL Patch 12.23: Zeri Changes Coming Soon
Zeri's infinite movement speed scaling, as well as her AP ratios have made her one of the most dominant champions halfway through the year, especially in pro play where she led the charge against Sivir who was the other top tier bot lane pick throughout the summer.
Well, now Riot is going to take away from of the AP damage, exchanging it with physical damage, as well as making it harder for her to infinitely use her ultimate, continuously stacking movement and attack speed. So, let's go over the exact changes that you will encounter in LoL Patch 12.23.
- Get the best headest at Euronics! The Logitech G PRO X gaming headset
LoL Patch 12.23 Zeri Ability Changes
|Passive - Living Battery|
|Q - Burst Fire|
|W - Ultrashock Laser|
|E - Spark Surge|
|R - Lightning Crash|
These are some pretty hefty changes, but at least these will make Zeri an actual champion again. Her base stats getting some love is also key since she's been one of the lowest win rate champions recently, scrounging up a mere 42%, but with these updates she might make it into relevancy once more.
Too much reading? Check out our short Patch rundown video right now:
Dr. Mundo Proposed Update in LoL Patch 12.23
There are some more champion changes in this patch. This one is to our dear friend Dr. Mundo. He's a great top lane champion, but also decent in the jungle. But he has been struggling ever since Riot released his VGU in 2021. His W has been haled as one of the worst abilities in the game and now Riot is finally going to do something about it to try and fix him.
Dr. Mundo Changes in LoL 12.23
|Passive - Goes Where He Pleases|
|Q - Infected Bonesaw|
|W- Heart Zapper|
|E - Blunt Force Trauma|
|R - Maximum Dosage|
Champion Buffs & Nerfs on LoL PBE Server 12.23
All Champion Buffs in LoL Patch 12.23
Tank nation rise up! There are so many buffs for tank champions right now, along with the new tank items it seems like this is the class to be playing in 2023, right? So let's check out which champions will receive buffs in LoL Patch 12.23:
|Champions||Buffs in LoL Patch 12.23|
Q - Decimating Smash
|Cho'Gath||P - Carnivore |
W - Feral Scream
R - Feast
Q - Bandage Toss
W - Despair
E - Tantrum
|Shadow Kayn||P - The Darkin Scythe|
E - Shadow Step
P - Sap Magic
Q - Bramble Smash
|Zac||P - Cell Division|
Q - Stretching Strikes
|Malphite||E - Ground Slam|
E - Footwork
All Champion Nerfs in LoL Patch 12.23
Syndra has been a little bit too good since her mid-scope update, which is why Riot will nerf her. But she isn't the only champion over shooting right now, so we will be getting a few more nerfs:
|Champions||Nerfs in LoL Patch 12.23|
P - Bop'n'Block
R - Final Chapter
|Syndra||W - Force of Will|
E - Scatter the Weak
|Mordekaiser||P - Darkness Rise|
|Shyvana||E - Flame Breath|
R - Subjugate
|Lillia||Q - Blooming Blows|
Tahm Kench Changes on LoL PBE Server 12.23
Tahm Kench will also be getting some big changes this coming patch. He is going to have much more AP scaling in his kit, but will these proposed changes really help him out when it comes to his wave clear, which is his biggest issue when playing him as a top laner?
Sure, Tahm is a very strong top lane early champion, but he falls off in the later stages of the game, so we're wondering whether these changes will truly impact him or whether Riot is just confused about their own champion.
An Acquired Taste (P)
- On-Hit and On-Q Bonus Magic Damage: 8-60 (based on level) (+ 3% bonus health) ⇒ 8-60 (based on level) (+ 3% bonus health) (+ 2% AP per 100 bonus health)
Tongue Lash (Q)
- Magic Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+ 90% AP) ⇒ 80/130/180/230/280 (+ 100% AP)
- Self Heal: 10/15/20/25/30 (+ 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% missing Health) ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 (+ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% missing Health)
Abyssal Dive (W)
- Magic Damage: 100/135/170/205/240 (+ 125% AP) ⇒ 100/135/170/205/240 (+ 150% AP)
Thick Skin (E)
- Damage Stored to Gray Health: 13/21/29/37/45% ⇒ 15/23/31/39/47%
- Increased Damage Stored to Gray Health: 40/42.5/45/47.5/50% ⇒ 42/44/46/48/50%
- Magic Damage: 100/250/400 (+ 15% (+ 5% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health) ⇒ 100/250/400 (+ 15% (+ 7% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health)
- Shield: Lasts 2.5 seconds after Devour ends ⇒ Decays by 50 health per 0.25 seconds after Devour has ended until gone
Kassadin Quality of Life Updates on PBE Patch 12.23
Kassadin is also going to be getting some quality of life updates. Riot is looking to make him an impactful pic and give him some more survivability. Add in the new item Rod of Ages and you've got a great champion once more. Does this mean we will finally see some epic Kassadin outplays again in pro play come 2023?
Q - Null Sphere
- Shield Strength: 60/90/120/150/180 (+ 40% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+ 30% AP)
- Shield Spawn Speed: Shield is granted when the Q projectile leave’s Kassadin’s hand ⇒ Shield is granted when Q is cast
E - Force Pulse
- Cooldown: 5 seconds ⇒ 21/19/17/15/13 seconds
- [REMOVED] Stacks Be Gone: This spell no longer requires a certain number of stacks in order to be cast
- [NEW] Send Your Energy: Ally and enemy spells cast nearby Kassadin reduce E’s cooldown by 1 second
System Changes in LoL Patch 12.23
Item Buffs and Nerfs in LoL Patch 12.23
We will be getting some item buffs and nerfs. Sunfire Cape is getting some buffs. The item was recently changed from Mythic Item to Legendary Item and needs some more updates to make it a decent buy.
Ravenous Hydra has been the best item in the entire game since it's rework this pre-season so Riot is making some major adjustments and nerfing this hell item.
|System||Buffs and Nerfs|
|Sunfire Cape (Buff)|
|Ravenous Hydra (Nerf)|
Jungle Adjustments in LoL Patch 12.23
With this preseason we also got a lot of changes to the jungle. Of course, not all of it was balanced right off the bat, which is why some major updates will come in LoL Patch 12.23 to try and make the jungle a little more fun and balanced.
- 20 Base True Damage ⇒ 16 Base True Damage for Pets
- After first evolution, consume 2 bonus treats on kill of large monsters and get said benefits
- Native 20% Damage Amp no longer works on epic monsters
- 10% Bonus AR/MR is converted to pet True Damage
- Bonus HP Ration: 4% ⇒ 3%
- Monster Kill Health per Level: 3 ⇒ 6
- Monster Kill Mana per Level: 2 ⇒ 4
- Treat Gold: 50 ⇒ 35 (Jungle Gold is up a fair bit, pulling a lot of gold out of the treats)
- Exp. Multiplier: 1/1/1.025/1.075/1.15/1.15/1.25/1.25/1.35 Levels 1-9 ⇒ 1/1/1.025/1.075/1.2/1.2/1.3/1.3/1.45 Levels 1-9 (Partial compensation of jungle experience nerfs from start of season)
- Gromp AA Range: 175 ⇒ 150
- Crimson Raptor Attack Range: 300 ⇒ 200
- Leashing Range: Leash range centers have been offset from Camp spawn location giving more space for champions to move and kite
- Jungle Camp Experience Given Multiplier: 1/1/1.025/1.075/1.15/1.15/1.25/1.25/1.35 (levels 1-9) ⇒ 1/1/1.025/1.075/1.2/1.2/1.3/1.3/1.45 (levels 1-9)
- Tenacity Buff Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Tenacity Type: Item (additive with item tenacity) ⇒ Champion (multiplicative with item tenacity)
New Skins & Mythic Content in LoL Patch 12.23
There is also going to be some exciting new skins, as well as cool new mythic content making its way onto the rift in LoL Patch 12.23. Since this is the final mythic rotation of 2022 we will be getting much more content in the mythic shop as well.
Final Ashen Knight Skin Revealed
The final Ashen Knight skin was officially revealed by Riot. It's going to be a skin for none other than Mordekaiser and finally the fans are getting what they'd hoped for when the Ashen Knight skin line was revealed. Mordekaiser fits perfectly into this dark world and the skin looks incredible.
This will be the final skin in the Ashen Knight skin line for now. Riot might look to make this skin line a permanent and normal one in the future. What theme we might get for 2023 has not been revealed yet.
Winterblessed Skins Revealed in LoL Patch 12.23
We will also be getting some new winter-themed skins in the coming weeks. Winterblessed are a new winter skin line that will take us to icy tundras. Diana will also finally receive her first legendary skin and let's be real, this is a skin unlike any other and if you manage a pentakill you even get the winter wonder map back.
These are all the champions receiving Winterblessed skins:
- Winterblessed Zilean
- Winterblessed Zoe
- Winterblessed Shaco
- Winterblessed Swain
- Winterblessed Diana
- Winterblessed Warwick
- Winterblessed Warwick Prestige Edition
Big ARAM Changes Coming in LoL Patch 12.23
Finally we have to address all the upcoming LoL ARAM changes went live with LoL Patch 12.23. The map will be changed, as well as new interactions with things like towers. Oh, and we get more bushes, but the best part will definitely be the hexgates that will connect you from your base to the outermost tower.
Check out all the ARAM Changes right here:
Overall, there are quite a few changes and updates, as well as balance changes thanks to all the LoL 2023 preseason changes as well. Seriously guys, you've got a lot of reading and testing to do. Did we mention that the new TFT set will also drop in LoL Patch 12.23? Crazy, eh?
This article contains affiliate links as indicated by the shopping cart icon. Please read the article carefully before clicking any links.