Leona, along with Shaco and Orianna is on the receiving end of a visual update in League of Legends Patch 12.7. Out of the three champions she will be received the least amount of changes, but Riot did state that they want to make her look as epic as she did in the Season 12 cinematic 'The Call'.
These changes are akin to those of Syndra and Vel'Koz and will revolve around the champion's abilities. These are small-scale updates and won't be as big as the upcoming Skarner VGU or the previous Caitlyn ASU.
Leona VFX Changes in Patch 12.7
As already mentioned, Leona is going to be receiving a VFX update on a small scale. This update will encompass her abilities to make her truly shine like the Solari knight she is supposed to be.
Ability VFX Update
- P - Sunlight
- Small cleanup
- Q - Shield of Daybreak
- New ground effect on Stun
- W - Eclipse
- While the buff is up, added some rays of light coming from Leona and the shield shines brighter. New explosion around Leona on release
- E - Zenith Blade
- New missile and root effects
- R - Solar Flare
- New cast, warning AOE and impact
Which Skins Will Be Affected by the VFX Change?
Not all of her skins will be changed with this update. Her newer skins are going to be kept as they are according to Sir Haian in the Reddit thread which announced this VFX update.
- Base: Updated and cleaned up Base.
- Valkyrie Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs.
- Defender Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs.
- Iron Solari Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs, and some more flames to match her original VFXs.
- Pool Party Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs, a new R decal, and some bubbles and sunflowers across her kit.
- PROJECT Leona: Small tweaks.
- Barbecue Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs, and her grill glows bright hot when her W is active.
These skins will not be impacted by the VFX Update:
- Solar Eclipse Leona: No changes
- Lunar Eclipse Leona: No changes
- Mecha Kingdoms Leona: No changes
- Battle Academia Leona: No changes
- Prestige Battle Academia Leona: No changes
- DWG Leona: No changes
- Debonair Leona: No changes
When Will the Leona VFX Update Release?
Just like Shaco and Orianna Leona's VFX Update is going to release on April 13, 2022 with League of Legends Patch 12.7. The changes are currently being tested on the PBE server and if you want to give your opinion make sure to check the Reddit thread.